Gantt Chart not showing all items

Having a problem with the Gantt view in one of our product boards. Trying to built a view that shows the stack of launch dates for product features, and the Gantt is only showing 7 of 15 items in the group we’ve designated. There is data in the launch date column for items that are not showing, so something is inconsistent.

No filters are on, and the data is accurate for the 7 items selected. And it’s a random set of the 7. Need some help. We’ve reloaded the pages, deleted the widgets and re-created, and getting the same result. Also, that error message in the one snip? Didn’t show up in my Chrome browser, but did show up when I snipped?

Had the same issue. I was clicking items on the Gantt chart to move timelines around, and maybe I clicked something weird? But two items are gone from the Gantt chart and I can’t get them back. There are no filters on it.

I just ran into a similar issue. In my case, what I’ve found is there is something odd about the “weekend” logic. If I set the timeline for a task to be Friday (starts/ends on Mar 31), then it disappears from the Gantt. If I set it to Thursday (Mar 30 start + end), it shows up.

The key ended up being the “hide weekends” option in the settings for the gantt chart.

Here are my current settings:

1. Account Admin - First Day of Week set to Monday
  2. Account Admin - Show Weekends on
  3. Gantt - settings - view settings - show weekends checked

This bypasses the issue and now my tasks that are on fridays show up in the chart.

From a product perspective, whether or not I show weekends on the gantt, I expect to see my tasks on the gantt, so besides this particular setting appearing to be brokenb (bug), I’d also prefer to have an option to show tasks even if they do not have a timeline value or the value will be on the weekend (what I expect from other gantt tools I’ve used in the past)

2 Likes

I have a situation where there are items that have been deleted appearing in the gantt chart.

Here is a screen searching items for the word Test:

And here is a screenshot of the Gantt chart from the same board:

This is very disconcerting. =(