Getting started structuring Monday

Hi guys!
We just started with Monday and are looking for some guidance on a high-level structure for putting everything together before we get in too deep. I have a developer background so the technical aspects arent the challenge, it’s more about organisation.
We are an acting school with a physical and online presence - a physical school with a website and an online platform. We are currently bringing our leads into Zoho, creating newsletters in mailchimp, managing our site and social media etc amongst 5 people. The tasks are often duplicated, overlooked, assigned ad hoc or go astray. We hav groups in WhatsApp for staff and students. We want to develop a nice workflow where leads (from social media, calls, google etc) enter our pipeline, are managed effectively, offered physical and then online courses or vice versa, and everything is smoothly coordinated amongst the team. We want to bring our Zoho leads into Monday and try and run as much as possible from there.
Obviously I am not expecting a solution here, but for those of you who have been in a similar situation, how did you go about organising your Workspaces, boards and groups? Did you hire someone to structure this for you or did you use online training or services beyond the basic Monday tutorials?
We’d love to get some suggestions for initial steps

Cheers

Lucas

Hi, @lucasyoung - Welcome to the awesome world of monday․com! There are many ways to get started:

1. Definitely spend time with the monday․com tutorials and documentation. They provide a great foundation to understand what’s possible.

2. Check out the Stories site, where you will find a lot of example templates to get you started - https://stories.monday.com/

3. The monday․com YouTube channel has quite a few videos for specific features (but you have to know what you want to find by knowing the right terminology first, there is a LOT there to get lost in).

4. And if you would like help to get started on the right track, you can get help from an expert like myself or others who are active here in the community. A monday․com consulting Partner can help you build the right workflows for your business - without the learning curve and frustration of figuring it all out on your own. You can book an initial strategy call with me here if you like: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Enjoy your monday․com adventures!

My favorite way to get inspired or get started on my workflows is exploring the templates center website Customizable templates to get your team started in minutes or even within the platform itself
Many of the uses you described have already been created in the templates center, you can take a look to get inspired and even add them into your account directly and then customize to how it fits your needs.

With organizing in regards to workspaces, I like to see workspaces as a way to organize your organization or your team. It’s like offices that house different types of information. Some folks have workspaces by teams, departments, projects or individuals. Really up to you on what works. You can still collaborate across workspaces, so its really just a nice way to keep things clean and organized.

With using groups on board level, it can again be based on any need you have, so perhaps by project, campaign, time period (Q1, weekly, monthly), stages, sprints…etc.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.