Guests unable to view mirrored columns?

Quite the same issue here :

We have a high level board that contains every information about sub projects boards (from status to $).

here’s what the owners see HERE

We then duplicated this board then deleted every column to add a connection between this duplicate and the “master” but without the sensible information ($, for instance)

here’s what the owners see (and what the members should as well) HERE

BUT, our colleagues aren’t able to see anything.

here’s what the members see HERE

We’ve tried so many things, you are our last resort.

Make our dream comes true, please!

fingers crossed

i

Hi @IanH - Welcome to the community. You cannot share mirrored data to someone who doesn’t have the ability to see the source data. It will probably be easier for me to explain and help you find a workaround if we have a short Zoom meeting. You can reach out to me at deb@polishedgeek.com to see if we can find time today for a 15 minute call, or you can book a time. We offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions in the community each week. You can book one here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

Hi @IanH Our app VLOOKUP can help with that. check out this example video. VLOOKUP App is free to use with 2 boards. You can use “1stfree” coupon to get the first month free.

@czsays Let me check.

hi @DebCinkus , @jonathandbem, @IanH, @czsays

Happy to let you know that Master-Index-Column is ready for testing. The app works like the famous Excel MATCH() and INDEX() functions. Some highlights.

• The app is an integration app only (no need to install views)
  • You only need to install the recipe in the target board
  • The app support the name column for matching
  • The column types in target boards (index columns copied and kept in sync form source board(s)) are the same type as in the source board(s) and can be used for further automation
  • When using a status or dropdown columns missing values will be added automatically in the target board
  • You can use forms to add items to the target board and the linked columns (providing there is a match) will be automatically populated

This is a link to a pdf describing the Match Index Column app. Inside the pdf you will find a “Add to monday” button which is a link to the app install.

The app will install as a 10-day trial. At this moment it is not yet available on our app-store (need few days).

At this moment the app is ready for some serious testing :slight_smile:

Happy testing.

1 Like

Thanks @basdebruin - We will check it out soon!

I have been looking for something like this. Can you let me know when it is out? Happy to be a tester if you need help/feedback

Hi @tara

This is a link to a pdf describing the Match Index Column app. Inside the pdf you will find a “Add to monday” button which is a link to the app install.

The app will install as a 10-day trial. The app is available in our app-store and the monday marketplace submission is in progress.

thanks so much! I will take a look

@basdebruin - this looks absolutely fantastic. This will solve a number of issues we have for a few clients. I am going to play around with this in our test environment and see how it works in practice. Thank you for another incredible monday app!

This thread has been inactive for a while and I am running into the same issue as most people here. It indeed does not make sense for this functionality to not be available. There are so many scenarios where you would want to show your guests a mirrored column without giving them access to the boards that the mirrored columns are pulling from. It is not up to Monday to say that this is not a necessary function when so many of their users clearly need the function. I hope Monday steps up to the plate and solves this aggravating issue.

Hi @luisotomayor . VLOOKUP is a powerful alternative to monday.com connect board/ mirror columns. It’s a very popular marketplace app that lets you automatically connect boards, make internal data available on guest boards and keep automations, restrictions and reporting capabilities.

Check out VLOOKUP for enabling guests view mirrored columns here. I’m available for any question - appsupport@jetpackapps.co