Help me write a formula to return a value based on selections from a dropdown collumn

Hi everyone, trying my luck here as i haven´t heard back from monday.com´s support team :innocent:

• I have a drop down column with several product options. eg. ProductX, ProductY and so on.

• I am then trying to create a formula column that will, give a value depending on what product is selected in the item.

so say an item has “productX” in the dropdown then the function should returns value X.
however if it item has “productX” & “ProductY” the function should return value X+Y

What should i do :melting_face:

Here is a quick screenshot for what i am trying to achieve. I can use a simple if function for when its only one drop down label selected but as soon as i have more then one i have no clue what to do.

@JonasCPHG

Try this:

IF(FIND("A", {Dropdown}), 1, 0) +
IF(FIND("B", {Dropdown}), 2, 0) +
IF(FIND("C", {Dropdown}), 3, 0) +
IF(FIND("D", {Dropdown}), 4, 0) 

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “Skippy v. Jiff”)

3 Likes

Thank you for getting back to me so fast, that seemed to do the trick :innocent:

Spent so much time on this, and when i see the answer you have given it made sense instantly :smiling_face_with_tear:

Thanks again.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 at 09.15.11

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.