High Level Board - (How to filter columns in the board?)

Hi all!
I hope to have your valuable opinion & help regarding the topic.

I need to create a High Level Board, to display only a few of the columns I have in our Low level board.
For this, I first created a new board, by connecting it via mirrored columns, but eventually, it didn’t work out because it creates some problems like:

1. When an item is deleted from the main board, the mirrored board item’s data are removed as well but the item is not deleted, and it’s creating confusion.
  2. The main board has automation; when an item’s status changed to something (Done, WIP, etc…) its moving to a defined group in the board. However, in the mirrored board, I’m not able to create this automation, and all the items stay in the same group even if their status is changed.

Therefore, I decided to create a new dashboard, and add the Low level board as a table there, and then filter the unneeded columns by the filter function, and then save it. However, I couldn’t find how to filter the columns. Is there any functionality that I can use for that? I’m also open to any other suggestions! :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Best,
Ceren

Hello @CerenE :wave: ,

Welcome to the monday community!

All widgets used in a dashboard have filtering options.

All you have to do is choose the settings option. From there, you can choose which columns,groups or even boards to include in said widget.

You can also use the filter here to further customize your widget.

There also ways to have a high level board without using dashboards. Should you need any professional assistance with that or setting up your dashboard, please feel free to contact us at info@thespelas.com .

Please also feel free to contact me if I can help further with something minor :slight_smile: .

Best Regards,
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

1 Like

Hi @GiannisKoukounas

I totally forgot the setting option for the widgets!

Now it works. Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Have a great day.
Best,
Ceren

1 Like