How does workspace membership work?

Please can someone explain what the purpose of assigning members to a workspace is. I had assumed that it would mean that only members of the workspace could see boards within it but I’ve noticed that other users, who aren’t members, can also see the boards. This doesn’t make any sense to me.

Hey @kerstyn,

Good question! Workspaces are there to help your organization better manage multiple departments, teams and projects in one unified place. They provide your account with a hierarchy of organization, allowing you to keep everything orderly as you seamlessly scale your account.

With so much going on around you, workspaces allow you to stay focused on what’s relevant to you, while at the same time easily navigate across teams, departments, or projects.

That being said, I hear what you’re saying about other users who aren’t members of a workspace being able to see boards in that workspace. The reason for that is that they might not be members of a team, but they still might need to reference information from the other team in order to complete their own work. If you are looking to have workspace permissions, where only members of a workspace can see the workspace’s boards, and no one else can, I would recommend looking into the Enterprise plan, which has this feature. :slight_smile: