How to add +1 in a column each time a button is clicked?

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for you.

I would like to make a table with the suggestions of users that we receive by e-mail. We regularly receive similar suggestions. That’s why I would like to have a column with a button and a number column. When you click on the button, it adds +1 to the number column. This way, we just have to click on the button as soon as we receive a similar suggestion. And it’s a good way then to be able to see the most frequent suggestions by looking at the number column and seeing how many people have written to us with the same suggestion.

If you know how to do this or if it’s not possible but you found a way to do more or less the same thing, I’m interested :slight_smile:

Best,

Marine

Hi @Marine

Have you had a chance to look at the vote column, that column is exactly doing that.

Yes but I can personally just vote one time so it doesn’t really do that :slight_smile:

Imagine I have 3 times the same suggestion, I can’t vote three times

Ohh ok, I see. Without knowing your use case… are you sure you want people to vote multiple times on the same item? To me it looks like a voting system where the quickest finger always wins :slight_smile:

This would require something beyond base monday.

Some thoughts…

• From the API the value parameter of the button column contains the number of times it has been clicked.
  • The General Caster app might be able to handle this.
  • This could be done easily using Integromat. A webhook integration and a scenario with 3 modules.