How to change a formula cell to a number cell

Hello,
I created a formula and I would like to move the number that is in there to a number cell in another board. How do I do this? I tried making a formula cell in the other board but it doesn’t show that field in the item list.
I also tried copying the cell, but it is still a formula cell and I can not change it to a number cell.

Creating formulas is great, but only if I can acutally use the result as a number.
Would be great if you guys have input on this.
Thanks.
Anja

hi @anja,

You can’t change the outcome of a formula column to a number. The formula result is calculated in your browser (front end column) and nothing in monday or a monday app can access that information. It is simply not there. As an alternative you can give the app General caster a try as this calculate formulas in the backend and cast the result to a number column directly.

Thanks Bas. Reading this I came a up with another solution, that might not be as elegant. But I could take all the cells with me, do the formula again and just hide the cells I don’t need. It does blow it up a bit, but in the also does the trick :wink:
But I will try the app first.
Best Anja

General Caster is great but it’s not a viable solution when we have thousands of records to process.

Hi Anja, what was your solution? I am wondering the same thing.

Hi Anja,
Can you provide the work around you created? Attempting the do the same and it doesn’t look like General Caster is a good option for me either.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hey guys, you can use autoboost to run the formula and place it in a numbers (or other types of columns)
Let me know i can help with that :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
This can be achieve with VLOOKUP app.

VLOOKUP allows you to connect the formula column to another column (text or number ) on the same board or across multiple boards.

Here’s a step-by-step tutorial for connecting monday.com formula column with VLOOKUP.

And if you have any questions or concerns, our support team is always here to help. Just reach out to us at appsupport@jetpackapps.co, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Cherryl