How to delete a Portfolio board

Good morning,

We just got our Monday account and we’re trying to configure the workspace for our team. I created a portfolio draft, but it didn’t work out. I am not trying to delete to keep the account clean. However, I seem to be unable to delete it.

Is there anything specific I need to do to delete a portfolio board? There are no subitem boards in the workspace.

Hey Nadia!

To confirm, did you create this board or did it come with your account when you first logged in?

If it was already in your account as a template board, these can’t be deleted. However, if you created this board, you could be able to delete following these instructions:

If you no longer need your board, you can choose to delete or archive it by clicking on the three-dot menu at the top right of your board and then select either “Archive board” or “Delete board”.

Does this help? Or did you already try these steps?

Hello, @CharlotteK.

I am having the same issue. After testing the portfolio board, I am unable to delete it - the option is simply greyed out. Following an advise that I found on the community forum, I created a folder, moved the unnecessary board there, and then archived it. The method did not delete the board, but at least it no longer clutters the workspace.

I now noticed that an additional column named “link to New Portfolio” was created on each of the boards that I used earlier to connect to the portfolio board as well as “project health” status badges next to the board titles. The columns cannot be deleted, either.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I cant delete the portofolio. I just deleted the projects form inside the portofolio, but the portofolio itself cant be deleted! what a %^%^

Hello Sir I am Sachin karma From Growwstacks Automation Solutions Company, we are a Experstise of Business Process Automation A freelance Monday.com Project Management Professional and i noticed you are might need a Monday.com Virtual assistance to help you implement some Workflows while you focus on other important tasks. With over 6 Years of experience. i would love a chance to connect with you about helping you achieve your goals as it relates to Monday.com Here is a list of services i offer on Monday.com 1. Workflow Implementation 2. Automation and Integrations 3. Virtual Assistance support 4. Trainings 5. Troubleshooting and many more as required. Here is my portfolio Watch here how automation works for businesses: Feel Free to get in touch with me if you are interested. Thanks & Regards Sachin karam Growwstacks Automation

Any update on this?

I got the exat same issue :
I created a portfolio board just to test it : impossible to delete it.
Worst : it created a new timeline column on the board I added as a project in this new portfolio board and I can’t delete this new column neither. Very annoying !!!

Same here. Very confusing and annoying

A partial solution for me is :

• Create a folder
  • Move the portfolio in the folder
  • Delete the folder
  • Portfolio disappear ( but it is archived and not deleted )

I’m having the same issue. Archiving doesn’t make any sense.