Identifying Saturdays/Sundays in date calculations

Good morning. Quick question. Is there a method for identifying if a date falls on a weekend within monday.com?

I have a calculated field that is adding 2 days to a date - in the event that it falls on a saturday i’d like to be add an additional +2 to push it to the monday or +1 for a sunday.

The formula exists in Excel as WEEKDAY(), so its just a standard IF(OR(, evidently this is not a feature of monday but is there a way to derive the day of week?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Matt

Great idea, something I was hoping to see happen as well

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to set Working Days for the organization so that calculated dates or timeline dates wouldn’t ever start/finish on a non-working day (like the weekend).

2 Likes

I would like to see this too!

1 Like

me too!!! this would be really helpful, because our work is only on business days and we need to constantly back out weekends manually when planning!

You can do this with FORMAT_DATE, IF and ADD_DAYS

In english is something like: if format_date is sunday, add 1, if format_date is saturday add 2, if not =date

In codeing is something like this:

IF(FORMAT_DATE({UrColumn}, “dddd”)=“Sunday”, ADD_DAYS({UrColumn},1), (IF(FORMAT_DATE({UrColumn}, “dddd”)=“Saturday”,ADD_DAYS({UrColumn},2), {UrColumn))

Probably a few parenthesis are missing and you need to acomodate the final format, but i leave that work for you ;D

3 Likes

unfortunately formula columns can’t be used in automations much/if at all, we need an automation for this or another means