Integrating monday with Wordpress

Hi all,

Im looking to integrate Monday’s API with wordpress. The aim is when a monday item is created in a board copy the ID of the item. Move over to wordpress place the ID into a wordpress post and when the user saves that post as a draft it updates the status of monday based on the Monday ID. I have a rough idea on how to do this but does anyone have some good solutions to tackle this? Currently working with GraphQL and Gatsby to work with API.

Thanks all,
Ben

1 Like

Hello, @Aetheris.

Since the time you posted this question, integration feature became available for app developers.
As far as I understand, it might work for you.

You should go with Integromat and create two integrations.
One Monday → Wordpress to create a draft
One Wordpress → Monday to change status

The problem I am facing is when integrating from Monday to a Wordpress post using Integromat - I cannot get a clickable link to appear in the Wordpress post. Any ideas how to fix this please ?

I can get from Monday to Google Sheets and then into a table in Wordpress with clickable links but I want to be able to create a single post in Wordpress with clickable links whenever Monday is updated.

Any ideas how best to do this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Stephen

@websupport

Could you please provide more detail into the results you are currently getting with Integromat?

To be transparent with you, I am not too familiar with how WP grabs data from Integromat in this case, but perhaps you can make a code adjustment on your end to add “monday data” tags to the JSON value that is being parsed from Monday to WP? I realize this is not a best practice solution from a web development point of view, but do you think that could work in theory for you?

-Alex

Thank you very much for the reply Alex. All the information come across OK including the url but the url is not a link or clickable. It is a link in Monday but not when it arrives a Wordpress post. The a href coding is stripped out.

Grateful for an advice how best to solve this if possible.

Many thanks, Stephen