Is it possible to automatically send a board view to someone every monday morning?

I’d like to be able to send someone a board view I’ve filtered as a notification email ever monday morning. Is there an automation or other functionality to do that?

Thanks

hi @brianwbates

If you save a filtered view (and optionally hide some columns) as a new view you can share that view with a link. Anybody with that link can view (view only !!) your board. You can include the url to that view in an (outlook) recurring event and send that. The view is always showing the live status.

Does that help?

Hi @brianwbates - Why not save the filtered view and then send a notification with that email each day?

1 Like

Great minds, @basdebruin, great minds… LOL

She has the link, but I’d like to automate out of Monday the report so she gets it pushed to her vs her pulling it. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

same thoughts Deb :slight_smile:

Did you see the announcement for custom field dependencies. Works amazing except for one thing (already reported). When field B is dependent on field A you get a nice warning if you try to fill field B without filling field A only. In your endpoint for field B you receive the value for field A.

The one thing that is not 100% ok is this order:

• fill field A
  • fill field B (values derived from an endpoint with value of A in payload)
  • change field A to something else
  • fill field B >>> now your endpoint is not called and a “cached” option list for B is shown

enjoy your weekend

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all!

Emily from monday.com here. I see two options here.

The first is exactly what @basdebruin mentioned above:
“If you save a filtered view (and optionally hide some columns) as a new view you can share that view with a link. Anybody with that link can view (view only !!) your board. You can include the url to that view in an (outlook) recurring event and send that. The view is always showing…”

The second option is to add a dashboard, create a table widget that accomodates the view you want setup, and then set a schedule email notification via the dashboard for every monday. Check out how to setup a table widget and schedule email notifications from the dashboards here: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002187819-The-Dashboards?abcb=80342

Thanks!
Emily