Is it possible to display the Updates/Comments in a column like "Text"?

Straightforward question.
I would like to have the updates/comments be visible inside the table like a text- or longtext-column without the additional click on the bubble.

Hi @dk_NFroehlich - the app Update Magic has the ability to copy updates to a text column.

Thanks!
Mark

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. This looks to be the best solution within monday’s current capabilities. We will try whether we can work with that. As far as I can see now it is a bit unstructured because it simply posts the update without any date or user information which makes it a bit unclear.

1 Like

Hi @dk_NFroehlich - as for the date the update was made you could pair it with this from Update Magic:

Then show the “Last Updated” column to your board and it will show you the date of the update and who made it.

Thanks!
Mark

1 Like

Thank you but that is a bit too complex a solution for the simple idea of displaying the comments differently

@dk_NFroehlich,

Having that is a good idea. I’ll look at adding that.

How would you want that to look?

Jim - The Monday Man
:magic_wand: Update Magic #1 – New update enhancement toolbox
:magic_wand: Column Magic :sparkles:– The magical columns toolbox
We Create Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday

@mark.anley, thanks for the mention!

To be really feasable for what I am thinking of it would be nice to look something like

[User] at [time and date]: [comment]

most preferably inside a box or somehow visually framed to be distinguishable from the next or previous comment.

@dk_NFroehlich

I would not be able to put it in a box. But, I have an idea. I’ll try to get this out soon.

@dk_NFroehlich, @mark.anley

The change to Update Magic #1 is now available.

You can check out the updated documentation here: Update to Column.

Jim - The Monday Man
We Create Custom Apps, Integrations & Automations for monday