Issue seeing the summary of a formula column(from subitem into parent item) when adding the "$" to the formula column

Hi team,

I hope you are doing well.

My name is Kathy Taheri, and I am the Account Manager at Eligeo Business Solutions.

FYI - I am working with one of our Pro 70 seat accounts, and they have an issue seeing the summary of a formula column(from subitem into parent item) when they add the “$” to their formula column in the subitem. Their challenge is just when they add “$” to their formula column and see the total of $0 on their parent item.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you – Kathy

@KT22

Adding “$” to a formula that way, does exactly what you are experiencing. It basically makes the values text instead of numbers. The better way, whenever possible, is to set the units on the column summary. Then everything else should work fine.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel) Our latest vid: Reading REALLY Large monday Boards
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “Rocket Science”)

Hi Jim,

I hope you had a great weekend, and thank you for your quick reply.

Would you please confirm that the setting unit on the column summary is only available on the number column?

Also, does monday.com has any plan to add this capability to the formula column? So, clients can add the “$” sign to their formulas and see the accurate result on the summary.

I also have CCed Crista Moreland(Admin) on this email to keep her in the loop.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you - Kathy

@KT22

The screenshot from above is a formula column. If the column summary has been hidden, you can turn it back on (temporarily if you want) by selecting the “” menu in the columns header:

Once the units have been set, you can re-hide it.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel) Our latest vid: Reading REALLY Large monday Boards
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make or “Rocket Science”)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing more information about this feature. It was very helpful.

Is there any workaround to set up units for the formula column in the Subitems’ summary?

Thank you - Kathy

2 Likes

@KT22

Unfortunately, not at this time.

Thank you, Jim.

~WRD037.jpg

Hi, jim. Is there a way we use in the widget GOALS-BETA the average of a formula column?