Item lives on multiple boards

Were you ever able to figure this out? We are having the EXACT same issue over here.

I’m actually having this very same issue. Have you figured out a solution yet?

Hey,

i didn’t found a solution, and migrated to another platform… Odoo
Good luck.

Gennaro

2 Likes

So I see this thread has been given no resolution since 2019. Hey, @monday-team - will there be a resolution for automations between multiple boards?

4 Likes

This is a 60 votes featured request…
i dont think that recently released clapper Chrome extension could have been asked and voted more times?

4 Likes

Kind of stunned me too. How did that get to the top of the priority list?
Of all the things to spend engineering hours on when there are so many core features awaiting improvement.

Monday.com’s priorities are clearly different to ours.

4 Likes

I am yet another voice asking for cross-board automations. We need either the ability to do automations based on mirrored columns or the ability to perform automation operations such as “change status” on a linked item in another board.

@Becca-monday.com @Julia-monday.com , please help.

1 Like

@HKILF This where Monday need to implement a Project Column that completely links/mirrors tasks from one board to another like I have suggested as a function below, check it out and upvote it!

https://community.monday.com/t/mirror-a-task-on-multiple-boards-with-a-project-column/6049

2 Likes

@Becca-monday.com This where Monday needs to implement a Project Column that completely links/mirrors tasks from one board to another like Asana does, I have suggested as a function below!

https://community.monday.com/t/mirror-a-task-on-multiple-boards-with-a-project-column/6049

1 Like

Hey all!

I wanted to follow up on this thread regarding the mirror column and let you know that we’ve actually released the ability to support the mirror column, specifically a mirrored status column, in some automation recipes. Here are the recipes we currently support:

Our Autopilot team is also actively looking to build out mirror support as a trigger in the Custom Automation recipes that you’re able to build. This is an initiative our team is working on for Q2/Q3!

Let us know if this helps or if you have any additional questions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@jirehly @hlopezvc @TheOtherPM @Charlotte @typo @JustinJ @claybustin @CFcut @ivanhong-monday.com @jemorrow

This is where Monday need to implement a Project Column that completely links/mirrors tasks from one board to another like I have suggested as a function below, check it out and upvote it!

1 Like

Hello everyone - Here’s a short demo clip that might help explain how the recent update to Automation Recipe #280 listed above can help trigger dependencies in other boards or even in the same board: Cross Item Dependencies wit...

3 Likes

Automation #280 specified above doesn’t work if you’ve mirrored multiple items.

the amount of information in this post is super large
i just wante to point out that for me one of the best videos on this matter in this one
(939) Cross-departmental Processes with monday.com | monday.com - YouTube

hope you find it useful as well

2 Likes

I’ll echo everyone here and say… we absolutely need and expected this functionality!

The automations are your USP… I was completely sold at first, then this fundamental system floor came to light!!

Moving items to new boards is pretty pointless, if you can’t do anything with mirrored column data?
Any update on when full automations for shared column data will be rolled out?

One of our partners do actually have an app called Mirror To Real that copies the content of a mirrored item (that can live on any board) to a local column (a normal monday column). From there you can do the automation on that board. More info by dropping a message to @Kimb

2 Likes

Thank you @basdebruin

Hi all, please feel free to reach out to myself via message or email - kim@workperfect.io
We may have a solution for all of you and would happily work together : )
https://www.workperfect.io/

1 Like

Thanks @basdebruin, @Kimb sorry for the delay in getting back on to this! If you have a potential solution I’m all ears?

In a nutshell, I have individual project boards with multiple groups, columns etc. I then have a sprint board setup for the development team. I need the ability to send dev tasks to the sprint board (this can be done currently)… but they are unable to update any of the shared column data (change status to complete for example) from the sprint board currently.

Hey @Dazski, no worries for the delay. Yes we have an Mirror to Real app which may help (as described by @basdebruin). Send me an email at kim@workperfect.io and we can discuss how it may help you : )

I think this feature seems to have been omitted on purpose. It’s not that the monday.com team can’t handle it, but it’s to encourage us to buy additional apps like Vlookup and others. Ha ha. This is a business bro.

1 Like