Item lives on multiple boards

Hi @lauralev
can you update us on this !
this becomes more urgent to us in order we are using board integrations via automations

1 Like

Is it possible to please get an update on this? This would greatly improve our workflow.

2 Likes

Update please! It’s very important problem.

1 Like

Hi @fakof14 and @Demelza! At the moment, there’s not an update here. You are able to include the mirror column in the “notify” section of automation recipes. We’ll be sure to keep you posted! Cheers!

@lauralev,
tell me how can I organize this:

1. We have board named “Contacts” with customer’s phone numbers and emails.
  2. We have 5 boards with subproccesses where We inserted link column to Contacts and mirror columns with phone numbers and emails.
  3. We want sending emails and SMS (by integration with Gmail and Trello) to customers when statuses in these 5 boards are changing.

I tried to do it in many ways, but always Monday has some deficiencies that prevent such automation. It’s very annoying and makes the system unfortunately very limited.
Please do something about it quickly.

4 Likes

I agree, this is an important feature. I am trying to change a status column based on the information from another, mirrored column. Would be very helpful.

2 Likes

100% necessity.

How do you make a process less redundant without being able to use automation’s based off mirrored columns information .

3 Likes

Hi @fakof14! Melissa here from the support team :slight_smile: I have shared your support for this update to the automations with my team. While the automations aren’t able to support the Mirror & Link to Item columns yet, you could set up an automation to notify the appropriate person when a status is changed in your 5 subprocesses boards. That could serve as a reminder to change the corresponding status in your Contacts board to trigger your Gmail or Trello integrations. If this doesn’t help to answer your question, feel free to reach out to us at support@monday.com with screenshots of your workflow so we can best assist!

Hi @MSIlydia & @TheeeTruth - thank you for sharing your feedback! I understand the need for this update, and I’ve gone ahead and shared the support from this thread with our team to review. Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime :+1:

1 Like

Are you suggesting that this person should send hundreds of messages manually every day?

1 Like

Hi,

3 Likes

Hi,

3 Likes

Dear team
Please update on this feature request status
It is very important feature for us
Thank.

2 Likes

Hey @fakof14! With my previous suggestion, the Gmail integration recipe would still be used to send out the many emails from the source board rather than the board that is mirroring from the source board.

If you are mirroring a status column from Board 1 in Board 2, then you would set up the Gmail integration recipe on Board 1. Using the Mirror Column, you can actually change the status of an item in Board 1 directly from Board 2 in order to trigger the Gmail integration (from Board 1).

This would save your team from having to send out hundreds of emails manually!

Yes this is possible! But my problem is that I need to send emails to a mirrored person column

1 Like

This feature would be so incredibly helpful! Without it, it makes Mirrored fields so limited. I’m pushing hard for our company to start using monday.com, but limitations like this create challenges. Would be great if this could be escalated on the Dev team’s roadmap.

5 Likes

Agreed, this is a very needed function @melissav-monday.com

1 Like

Any updates on this matter?

2 Likes

This featured is needed urgently. I’m shocked that this thread started in 2019 and Monday still haven’t addressed the need. I’ve come to know Monday as a very responsive and innovative company who normally responds to these requests with urgency.

From one software engineer - with no inside knowledge as to how the Monday platform is built - to the Monday dev team: Is it possible to wrap or extend the functions whereby an automation is able to query data from the board so some new code can conform the queried data from however it exists in mirrored columns into the types expected by the automation/integration?

Hoping to see this feature finally arrive soon!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! This is a feature that our product team has had in our backlog, but as Lisa noted before, it is quite labor-intensive, so our team is still looking into the best ways to implement a solution. We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared on this, and we’ve passed it along for the product builders to review. Thanks so much for bearing with us! :pray:

3 Likes