Item/pulse deleting, why cannot add a feature to approve deleting from the item creator

We have many boards with hundreds of pulses/items on them. Many times items are deleted mistakenly by board subscribers. With over 35 members and thousands of daily activities, it is impossible to review activities to check whether something is deleted or not. I would like to request a feature or an option where items cannot be deleted until they get the approval from the owner or the item creator.

That is true it happened when a new member joined with us he by mistake deleted many files and moved some items from a group to another. It’s so annoyed that you can’t control the board and any one can add, move and delete items!

1 Like

That’s right, many users delete items by mistake, and it’s so hard to follow up with them because of the big amount of data inserted daily. for instance, in our company, we are facing that a lot, that users delete pulses or items by mistake which causes data loss.

2 Likes

We have a similar concern in that Guests with Edit permissions can delete something (their comment, an item) and then also remove it from the Recycling bin. Effectively permanently deleting our company data.

1 Like

@lauralev @melissav-monday.com This is an issue that we’d also like a solution for. It’s far too easy to accidentally delete a pulse and also a time in the time tracking log. At the very least it would be useful to have a pop up with ‘Are you sure?’ and Yes / No buttons to click. Please can you pass this on to the development team?

1 Like

We’re testing out the free trial to see if Monday is right for our organisation and we really need this feature too. We will have sensitive client data stored in our boards and need to ensure that this cannot be permanently deleted by team members. Is there any update on this @monday-team @CSG

2 Likes

Hi, @BridgeCreativeCIC - Welcome to the community! There are a lot of changes coming later this year for permissions, and hopefully more control over who can delete what will make the cut. I wish I had an ETA to provide you, but I’m paying close attention to the permissions development and will definitely share news here when I can.

~ Deb Cinkus
Product-certified Partner

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join our unofficial community chat on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

Great thanks, look forward to hearing more about it.