Launch a monday private app using a board automation?

Hi,

I created an private app using the “Workspaces Templates”.
This app allows my colleagues to create a main board, dashbaords + monday docs.

The next step, will be for the app to be automatically launch this app using an automation.

For example, in a main board, if my colleague select the status X in the column Y, then launch my private monday app so a new board / dashboards … will be automatically created.

Is there a way to do that (or a workaround) ?

Thank you very much for your help

Jérémie

Hello there @jtho-seif,

As of today, there is no way of creating a workspace from a workspace template (or adding boards and dashboard to an existing workspace) from performing an action such as changing a status column’s value. If someone wants to use a workspace template feature from a custom app, they have to use it manually.

You could create boards via our API when someone performs an action such as the changing of a status column value, but that is not possible for dashboards and the created board would not come from a workspace template.

I hope that information helps!

Cheers,
Matias

Hi Matias,

Thank you very much for the confirmation.
I will have a look at the API then :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jérémie

1 Like

Glad to help @jtho-seif!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias

if you were to launch the app manually how would you launch it to create the docs and boards for board templates

Hello @jwatkins,

Is that question for me or for @jtho-seif?

I am not sure I understand what you mean.

Hi @jwatkins ,

I created a workspace app using this documentation :

With it, I was able to create a workspace (with board / dashboard / docs) and implement it in an app.

When I launch the app manually, the app will create everything included in my “template” workspace.

Hope it answers your question :slight_smile:
Jérémie

1 Like

Thank you @jtho-seif !