Limiting permissions of external guests

Hi @mmalone - It’s still in limited release, I believe, but we’ve been able to get several of our clients access to Enterprise Item Permissions. I shared this video clip in the community a while back, it shows how Item Permissions work for ENT - monday.com Item Permissions...

Hey @mmalone, like PolishedGeek said it is in limited release and only available to Enterprise accounts. If you have an Enterprise account you’d like us to add the feature to, write into support@monday.com and let us know or get in touch with your assigned product consultant :slight_smile:

Hello,

Would it be possible to give dashboard filter level permissions to guests - rather than subscribing them to the board itself, but allowing them to view the information being displayed on the dashboard?

1 Like

Hi, @Cvon - Welcome to the community! Unfortunately, this is not possible. Someone has to have permission to see the board data in order to see that data pulled through to a dashboard widget. What about sharing a filtered view using the board Sharing link?

Any update on whether this feature will be made available to Pro accounts? It makes working with external collaborators almost impossible in boards where they can’t see all content by default.
@TRB-monday.com

Hey @sschreiner! At the moment we are only planning to keep it open to Enterprise unfortunately. I hear what you’re saying about having multiple external collaborators on one board, but I don’t think there’s a good solution to it other than the Enterprise item-level permissions or sharing filtered boards via URL for external people to view (and then using email integrations or Communihub to collaborate).

That’s unfortunate. I and others on this forum definitely hold the view that this is functionality that’s necessary to manage limited access in-house and out of house with larger boards. Not having that available to anyone but enterprise customers really limits the utility of pro plans, especially for larger numbers of staff. We were considering to move an internal approval process for reimbursement approvals into Monday.com, but without the ability to only have the items assigned to an individual visible in the board it practically becomes so cumbersome that it’s not worth the effort anymore. And as a nonprofit just upgrading isn’t really an option given the steep price increase between pro and enterprise.
@TRB-monday.com

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.