Restrict Guest from viewing tasks - item view permissions

We have a project management board.

We have our customer set as a guest, yet we do not want the guest to view tasks which he is not the owner (but allow the other members (not guests) to see all tasks.

How can we set it

4 Likes

Hey @Shaylo1,

Thanks for posting! At the moment it’s not possible to restrict who can view what at an item/task level. What would you think about reorganizing so that there is a board per guest, or sharing a filtered view of the board with the guest via URL?

Then the guest would only see his own tasks.

1 Like

Hi @Shaylo1 - Item permissions have been mentioned a few times here in the community as coming soon, however, rumor has it that they may only be available for Enterprise accounts. So unless you are Enterprise you’ll probably need to find an acceptable workaround.

Do you just need to hide some internal tasks from all Guests? We have set up internal only main boards for each client, and then we use Link-to-Item columns and mirrored statues to connect those internal items to the Shared board with Guests. Because Guests can’t access main boards, they don’t even see the Link-to-Item column or Mirrored columns we use for internal tasks. It’s completely hidden from them.

Would something like that help you? I could do a short video walkthrough of our setup if you like.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replay.
but setting a view per guest or group of guest is tedious work.
in addition for project management you always have the task creator as well as the owner.
in the above case, the guest can be the creator and afterwards it would be assigned to someone in the team, but you would still want the Creator to view the task.
So permission on the task level is mandatory !

That’s a very nice and useful workaround.
But i would expect from a platform like Monday to cover this issue.
when you are running few projects, i might consider it, but when you are running dozens of projects, it only make the solution more complicated.

Hey @Shaylo1, good point—I hear you!

I just wanted to let you know that we are coming out with an alpha release for item-level view permissions sometime in the next few weeks. If you’d like to be considered for the alpha list, please feel free to write to us at support@monday.com! I do want to note you would have to be part of an Enterprise plan in order to access this feature.

1 Like

Hi!
It is possible already to set permissions for item-level? I want to share a board for our partners but I don`t like they can see each other.
Thank You

hi, when will this be released?

Hey @Shaylo1 @andresTaruga and @mbradley :wave:

As mentioned, we do now have an item-level permission ability that is still in it’s testing phase!

The item viewing restrictions feature is currently in the Beta phase of testing and is available only on the Enterprise plan only. If you are an admin of an Enterprise plan and you’d like to have this feature added to your account, please reach out to our team by using our contact form.

Check out this article for more details: Item Viewing Permissions

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

Hello, are there any plans to add this feature for non-profit accounts?

Hi @TRB-monday.com @PolishedGeek @Julia-monday.com Monday team !

Hi have seen on my pro account that item view permissions is finally launched on enterprise as seen on screenshot, and there is a marketing button that leaves to move to entreprise plan.

Well its very complex and difficult to us to make that jump between plans because we are mid-small business from Argentina, but is critical to us to have this feature, because we have more than 1000 different customers and we need to share technical work information with them… we cannot manage 1000 different boards to every one, thats why we need to use this simple feature to have 1 board with:

** Item level - clients
*** subItem level - task with each client

and thats all we need, we have all customers waiting for us to share information with them, and interact on this board.

2 Likes

This is very important to our company as well. We are Pro users with less than 10 employees but need to allow clients to view Items, subitems, updates and files attached to each item and subitem. I have not found a good way to do this.

The view option doesn’t allow them to see the updates and files. Making them a guest of a new board that mirrors the main board doesn’t work because I cannot get the subitem information to update on the guest accessible board that was duplicated with updates from the main.

Please provide a solution to allow my clients to see the items, subitems either as a guest or a shareable link.

2 Likes

Hello! We also need this possible with our current system.
Our clients are assigned to certain tasks and must be able to view and edit or send update.
Is this option for sharable views can make assigned People to view and edit tasks?

Hello! Can you help explain more on the Link-to-Item Columns for your clients? Will the clients be able to edit and send updates to the tasks they are assigned in?