Merge items and updates and info boxes

Hi there,

I am duplicating a board, adding new columns based on a second board and then transferring the items and updates from the second board to the duplicated board. There are same pulses on each board, managing a different part of the overall process. is there a way I can merge the updates and Info Boxes attached to each pulse?

Has this been answered yet or did you find a work around? I am also interested in this functionality.

1 Like

Mo too, anyone knows if it is a missing feature (in that case I support the reqiest) or has any hints?

1 Like

I also need this feature

1 Like

I would really like the ability to merge items. Use case: we have a board with client leads. When a lead fills out a form on our website, a new item is automatically created on the board. Sometimes we have some interaction with the lead and eventually the lead goes dormant, so we move the lead to a group on the board called “dormant leads”. More than once, that same lead has gone back and filled out the website form again, creating a second duplicate item in the board in the “New Leads” group. Since the two items are in different groups, we sometimes miss that they already exist in our database. When we discover this, we would like the ability to merge, so that any information from the lead from our first interaction is merged with the new interaction.

Hello @thisispamduffy and everyone :slight_smile:

You can actually merge items using the Duplicates and Uniques app, including updates.

Even better, you can create and run template integrations which will automatically merge items.
Here is a demo of how to merge items automatically.
If you have any questions about the app, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com

Thanks, but I am looking for this to be built-in to the Monday.com platform.

+1

Merging function would also be useful here to merge duplicate entries which may occur for example when the sender changes the subject in the email. Solving this via a 3rd party app is also out of the question for us.

This feature should be added to the roadmap and added to the standard Monday features as the e [Duplicates and Uniques] App is very expensive. The pricing structure doesn’t work for small teams as I’d be playing more for the app per month than Monday itself.

Our point here is not even the price (although this is certainly also a criteria). But here it is primarily about data protection. We simply do not want (besides monday.com) other companies which can access the data in our boards.

This is also not in line with the zero trust model that everyone has been talking about lately.
The more different companies have their “fingers” in such a cloud solution, the greater the risk of a potential breach. At least that’s how I see it.