Automation to duplicate an item to a board then linking the boards (to retain subitems + updates)

When duplicating an item and moving to another board you can not then add on to the end of the recipe to connect the boards together. This would be ideal so that whenever a change is made in one board we would love this to be reflected across boards to avoid any discrepancies across boards.

We have to duplicate and move rather than creating a new item as when you create an item and connect the boards the subitem information is lost from the board with the new item within it

Hey Amber,

I hear where you’re coming from! If you don’t mind, I will go ahead and convert this into a feature request so that our community can vote on the request to get this on our developers radar :pray:

1 Like

Newer user here — Wanted to see if there is any status on this? @amber1795

@BiancaT - Is there a place were all Feature Requests are being collected so we as users can keep an eye on them and “subscribe” for notifications if Monday.com as addressed.

Hey Brian!

You’re able to set up notifications for specific feature requests so you’re kept up-to-date on how they’re tracking:

Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at 12.01.31 pm

You can also do the same directly from the feature requests page: Feature requests - monday Community Forum

Let me know if this helps!