Mirror a status column on one board to a status column on another board

I want the status column on board B to show the same status as a column on Board A, where the item name on both boards are the same (eg when I change Board A status to ‘Done’ Board B shows ‘Done’ also). I have a mirror column.

I tried the Beta Match automation on Board A: When status changes, connect the item where name matches name in [Board B] by this logic [Overwriting new matched item]

What should I do?

Hi Dave,
To accomplish this, we recommend using the VLOOKUP app, which allows you to automatically update data between two boards. By creating a recipe that uses the item name as the source key per your requirement and links the status column, you can update the status on Board A and have it automatically reflected on Board B.

To help you get started, we have prepared a quick tutorial on how to use VLOOKUP to mirror a status column across two boards. You can find the tutorial at the following link: Mirror status column across monday.com boards

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are always here to help.

Best,
Cherryl

1 Like