Monday.com Email Tracking Solution

Hello,

I have noticed that there are many threads that mention the difficulty with using monday.com as a ticketing system since the emails and activities feature is limited. However, through some testing and reading different threads, I think I found a solution that works well for the time being.

Keep in mind, this solution will only apply if you do not mind using outlook for sending and reading emails but want to use Monday for reporting, tracking communication, and being able to quickly view a tickets status. This eliminates the need for the emails and activates column as well as the email column itself.

1. Create an integration that will create a new item when an email is received based on your needs. To avoid duplicate tickets, you can create an IF statement to say, “Subject Does Not Include RE:” The only issue with this is that a ticket will not be created for any emails that already have RE: in the subject when you are receiving it as if you were added to a chain.

2. When an item is created, click the updates button.

3. Click Write updates via email and copy that email.

4. Paste that email in the cc column when replying to the ticket in outlook.

5. All replies back and forth to this ticket with the email pasted in the Cc column will be added as updates in monday.com.

This isn’t perfect but is a good solution if you are having trouble creating a process.