Monthly Column Totals Summary

I’m running the Monday.com CRM tool on our Sales Pipeline. Right now I have a column for each month that shows the revenue from each Deal (item) as a lot of our projects span months or even years. The month column is summed at the bottom. What I would like to do is create either another board or a dashboard widget that would show me the total in each column based on the status of that deal e.g Total for the “April 2024, May 2024 etc…” when status is “Won”

I’ve tried a few things and I’m not getting the results I want. If I was working in a spreadsheet I would be able to SUM the column based on an INDEX MATCH or even just use SUMIFS. Not being able to reference other boards with Formula is a bit of a pain. I tried creating combinations of connected and mirrored columns in another “Summary” board but not getting the results I want.

Here’s a screen shot of some of my columns

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

I have managed to get a widget to give me something approximating what I’m looking for. However, because column headers are text values rather than containing data (like a date) the bars on the X Axis are ordered alphabetically rather than in calender order.

If anyone has any ideas on how to alter the order manually (other than putting a number at the front of the text string for the month name in the header) I’d be very grateful

1 Like

Hello Ed,
Our team at Stiltsoft, monday.com marketplace partner, is currently investigating a similar problem for another client. I thought we could develop a solution that covers your needs and freely share it with you. However, I don’t quite get the use case (end goal and context) and how you worked around it. Feedback is key for our team. I invite you for a virtual coffee talk to discuss your case. Will you be able to squeeze in 20 minutes to chat about it with me? Please book a preferable spot for our conversation via the link if so :pray:.
I’d be grateful to hearing from you.

Hi Iryna. In the end I renamed all of my colum headers and added a numeric string to the month name so that they would appear in order in my widget. e.g 04 Apr 2024, 05 May 2024, 06 June 2024 etc… That has given me pretty much what I need, although it’s not that elegant. I would love to be able to use the information in a column header for a SUMIF calculation (total columns if they fall within a date range for example) but I think I’ll have to keep dreaming.