Multiperson column data structure - Make Intergration

I am trying to make a integration with Make.com, where i update the multi-person column from one item to another, but i cant seem to find the data structure to input the multiple teams and persons into the column
i have looked at the Guide to Changing Column Values
but i cant seem to find the datastructures of the different column types?

Hi @NicklasL ,

To update a multi-person column in Monday.com using their API, you need to understand the data structure required for the column. The documentation is a good resource, but it might not provide detailed information about specific column types like the multi-person column

Here’s an example of how you might structure the data for updating a multi-person column:

mutation {
change_column_value(board_id: your_board_id, item_id: your_item_id, column_id: “your_column_id”, value: “{"personsAndTeams":[{"kind":"person","id":123456789},{"kind":"person","id":987654321}]}”) {
id
}
}

You can also do this using Make.com

you can easily create automated workflows that connect Monday.com with other apps and services. For example, if you need to update multi-person columns in Monday.com , Make.com
allows you to define the data structure required for the column and automate the process of transferring data between systems

As a complimentary, here is our magic link to get 1 Month Pro plan free (10,000 operations)
https://www.make.com/en/register?pc=msquare

If you need any implementation support kindly contact us

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

Hey Nicklas

We can assist you with that. We can transform the data types as per the structure and make it a successful run.

Thank you very much! i will try it out

@MsquareAutomation
Do you also have a solution for the Timeline Data-structure as in this request?

Or maybe a way for me to figure out the data-format myself :smile:

i already make it using Make.com, but because i use dynamic board mapping i couldn’t use the build in columntype mapping.
And therefore need to send the JSON string as you added

Hi @NicklasL ,

You can try the json like this

{“to”:“2020-10-14”,“from”:“2020-10-14”,“visualization_type”:“milestone”}

It gives me a milestone

If you need any implementation support kindly contact us

MSquare Support

Yes we can add multple person in one column using array data sturrute this will require some modifcton in the make.com scenario.