Multiple items from single form input

Hi, I’m developing a workflow where clients make design requests to us through a form. Often clients submit a “recurring request”, where the same basic design is needed multiple times, but each with minor adjustments in information (e.g. text change) for each request. I would love the client to be able to set this from one form submission, rather than needing to revisit the form multiple times and type in the same information.

Do you have any ideas about how clients could be able to quickly create multiple items on our board, from one single form request?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi Joel,

Did you find any solution for this?

Hi @Jorgemolina - This type of form submission is best solved with form software integrated with monday via Integromat. You can then allow as many options as you like in the form, and then route it through Integromat to create as many items (or subitems) as needed.

TypeForm or JotForm both work well to design this type of user experience and then pass it through Integromat.

~ Deb Cinkus, PMP
Certified monday․com Partner
CEO & Principal Consultant, Polished Geek

Book a Consultation with a monday․com expert: https://meet.polishedgeek.com/more-with-monday

When I try and use Integromat for this workaround it doesn’t give me the option to have the form update the status (from blank) to whatever the chosen value was submitted in the form. Is there a way to do this?

Hello @kate.bartley ,

The Duplicates and Uniques app can help you out here. Basically, you can create a template which can automatically update an existing existing item with new data. The best part is that, you can determine how the item can be updated. This involves either keeping some values intact, replacing them, joining all incoming values, calculating old values with new values, etc.
Here is a demo of the app in action

In case you have any questions, you can always reach out at support@kolaai.com