Need help with an automation between two boards

Hi,

I need help with an automation between two boards.

The simple automation would be -

If date changes in board 2 then change date in board 1

The fields in the rows on both boards are different and in different orders but what they both share is each entry will have an “organisation” field on it.

I don’t know the recipe for it, but I bascially want the automation to also look for a common field on both boards - the Organisation. I want the recipe to do something like this:

If date changes in board 2, then copy the oganisation field from that row and then update the date in any rows in board 1 which have the same organisation field

i.e. the common denominator between the two boards is the organisation field but I can’t work out how to tell Monday to match that and then just update any rows containing that organisation name.

Is this sort of automation possible?

Many thanks,

Rob

hi @Rob_ethex

Welcome to the community! There is an app in the marketplace called Match Index Column, see https://monday.com/marketplace/129

It takes this recipe:

From left to right you select:

• The source board (where the data lives originally) - in your example board 2
  • The column in the source board to use for matching - in your example organisation
  • The column in the current board to use for matching - in your example organisation
  • The column in the source board to get the data from
  • The column in the current board to put the data in

It is basically like the Excel MATCH/INDEX functions

Hi @basdebruin thanks very much - I will try that out now.

Thanks!