New item notification

Hi all,

Pretty new to Monday so probably missing something.

I’ve got an automation setup to notify a team when a new item has been created within the board. However, it seems like you have to add an item title first and essentially publish that before you can add the other item details.

The problem I’m having is the notification contains other details other than the item title and board name. As the automation fires as soon as the item is created so it doesn’t contain all the information (because the item doesn’t contain the information at the point of when the automation fires).

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks
Fin.

Hey @fin.mulholland ,

Great question! What kinds of details were you hoping to have in the item and notification? Have you already checked out automations like this to have the team member/status automatically set up whenever you create an item?

Hi!

I already have the automation working OK. I’ve amended the notification to include the tile of the item, board name, URL and name of the person it was created by.

However because the automation fires after the title is created the notification doesn’t include the URL or the person, it’s just blank.

Many thanks

Hey @fin.mulholland! Would you be able to have it trigger off of a different action perhaps? For example, assigning this team in a People column for new items or a particular status change?

Both assigning a team and setting the status for a new item can be done using the automations that Taila suggested! This would save you some time by having a chain of automations doing the work for you :slight_smile:

Hi, yes that makes sense thanks, I will give that a go! Thanks all for the help.

F.

Fin Mulholland
Head of Digital

t 01494 796728
e Fin.Mulholland@coeliac.org.uk

www.coeliac.org.uk

facebook www.facebook.com/CoeliacUK
instagram www.instagram.com/coeliacuk
twitter www.twitter.com/Coeliac_UK
youtube www.youtube.com/UKCoeliac

NewCoeliacLogo_5f3efa33-711e-4f59-91eb-cd2fef8ff4ce111111.png

An independent charity with expertise in coeliac disease and the gluten free diet.
Providing the trustworthy advice and support people need to live well gluten free.

Registered office: Coeliac UK, 3rd Floor Apollo Centre, Desborough Road, High
Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2QW Tel: 01494 437 278 Fax: 01494 474 349
All rights of translation and reproduction reserved.

Coeliac UK is a charity registered in England and Wales (1048167) and in Scotland
(SC039804) and a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (3068044)
The Coeliac Trading Company Limited, a company registered in England
Registered Number 2856981. VAT Registration Number 974 95 97 40

The information in this email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you
have received this email in error please notify the sender and then delete it. The
transmission of this email cannot be guaranteed to be unaffected by viruses. If affected,
Coeliac UK cannot accept liability for any errors, omissions or consequences which may
arise as a result. Any views expressed in this email or in any attachments are those of
the author, and may not necessarily represent the views of the charity. All rights of
translation and reproduction reserved.