New Item to have automatically a Sub-item structure attached

Hi Alexander,

Based off your provided information on your desired workflow, I posted a solution to another user just last week asking for something similar that could help. I’ll link to the post directly as well as paste the information at the bottom of this post.

The only caveat is you’ll need to update the automation if/when you have changes to the structure. This does not retroactively update previously created structures either, so you’ll need to go back to your “older” projects and add/update subitems to them if necessary.

Link: When item is created, create a subitem with name [insert name] - #2 by dnmonday

This is certainly doable for every new item added to the board. Have you tried this automation recipe? You’ll want to build it from a custom recipe.
Excuse some of the columns, I did this example on a random board of mine. The Name column is where you would change it to “Discrepancies” and “Proposed Changes”

The below screenshot is the result of the automation which should be what you’re looking for

1 Like