New permissions update for docs on Enterprise!

:sparkles: Admins can now grant board members permission to add or create docs on the item level, regardless of whether they’re workspace members :sparkles:

In the past, when we first introduced role-based permissions, users were provided no clear explanation as to why they lost the ability to create docs in items. With this update, admins will have control over these permissions, clarifying who has access to this functionality.

The permission is accessible for admins on both account and workspace levels so that the option can be enabled for every board member or just for specific workspaces.

How will this impact your workflow?

:white_check_mark: Improved collaboration across different departments and teams.
:white_check_mark: Increased efficiency resulting from a decrease in manual intervention when adjusting permissions.
:white_check_mark: Improved flexibility for admins when tailoring the level of access across workspaces for board members.

What do you think? Tell us in the comments below!

2 Likes

Amazing information! Thanks for sharing your idea.

1 Like

We have Enterprise, but we don’t have that option. Do you know when it will roll out to the rest of us?

Hey @pamela.carlin! This feature is currently still in gradual release, however I’ve followed up for an update on when users should expect to see this in their account. I will circle back here once I have more info :slight_smile:

Hi Bianca,

Can you show all possible permissions for non-member access?

Thanks,
Jeans

Hey @pamela.carlin, thanks for your patience! I have had confirmation from the developers that this feature will be fully released by the end of this week :slight_smile:

Hey Jean! To clarify are you referring to all types of permissions in general for non-members via account permissions?

Yes ! with the entreprise plan

thank,
Jean

Thank you @BiancaT!

Hey Jean, let me know if this is what you’re after? This is the full screenshot of non member workspace permissions:

We just got it today. Thanks!

1 Like

Yay! Enjoy the feature :smiley:

Thank you Bianca,
I would especially like to know if it is possible to block a shared access from mentioning other shared accesses?
The objectif of the board is to invite customers who should not know if there are other customers on the same board.
I would activate the entreprise function “Consult only the elements for which the users are responsible…” But I think it will not block the mentions?
Thank,
Jean