Permissions for Admins

Hi, I have a question about Admin (owner) permission.
Now I’m the only Owner and admin. But we will have 2 more admins.
So the questions are, how can I limit the admins access.
Can I create new workspace, then the admin will not see it, if I don’t allow ?
Or the Admin can see everything in my Monday account ?

1 Like

Hi @Mike_th

You can create private workspaces in monday.com which means even an admin user will need to request access to join that workspace.

Here is more information for your reference on roles and permissions.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @Mike_th - Welcome to the community! The recommendation above regarding private Workspaces is only available under the Enterprise plan. If you are interested in learning more about the power features of Enterprise, including what admins can and can’t do, I’d be happy to give you a personal tour and Q&A session.

If you would like to learn more about the pros and cons of Pro vs. Enterprise, book a private demo here: https://meet.polishedgeek.com/more-with-monday

~ Deb Cinkus, PMP
Certified monday․com Partner
CEO & Principal Consultant, Polished Geek

Book a Consultation with a monday․com expert: https://meet.polishedgeek.com/more-with-monday

:houses: Want to chat live with other monday․com fans & users?
Join our unofficial community chat on Discord: The Monday Neighborhood

Hi, thank you.
I don’t need the enterprise now.
So if I create the workspace then set the private board, do other admin could read this board ?

Включено 18 ноября 2021 г. в 02:14:29, Polished Geek more with monday.com | Certified Partner via monday Community (monday@discoursemail.com) написал:

Hi @Mike_th :wave:

Welcome to the Community!

If you create a Private board, this will only be accessible to you and anyone else you invite to collaborate with you.
This includes any other admins on the account.

You can read more on this here: What is the difference between board types?

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :smiley:

Best,

Dani

1 Like

Perhaps you need to realise that if an admin makes a backup of your Monday account then all boards including the private ones will be in that backup. (At least as far as I understand and saw in the backup I made)

Thanks for raising this!
This is correct - if an admin did make a backup of the monday.com account, it would include the private boards.

@Mike_th this would definitely be worth taking into consideration :smiley:

Hi @Mike_th

I hope the answers in this thread are useful!
As we haven’t had any updates here, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved.
This means that the thread will close in 7 days time :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any additional questions or you feel your original query wasn’t resolved, please feel free to let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.