One "entry" going to multiple groups

I’m not sure the best way to ask this, or where to ask it, so hopefully someone can offer some assistance.

I work for an advertising paper (small amount of content, mostly ads). We demo-ed a system specifically for newspapers/magazines, but there were a lot of drawbacks and we’d been using Monday for about a year already, and liked certain features of it better, so we decided to stick with it.

Here’s the one thing I’d like to incorporate from the other software:
When we enter an ad order, we need it to go to multiple groups (or boards, if that’s how it has to be), based on date. So, we have a “run sheet” for each week (weekly publication). It tells us which ads go in that week, the size, the rate, the run dates, etc. Currently we enter it on the current week’s board (each one is labeled by the date). At the end of the week, I duplicate that board, rename it to the new week, take off anything expired, and anything that runs again stays on it. This complicates billing because we have different rates for first insertion and rerun.

We’d like to be able to enter an ad order, select the dates it runs, and have it populate on each of those run sheets (whether it’s a board or a group), with the appropriate rate. I’ve explored connected columns and mirroring but that doesn’t really work for this. Using a form doesn’t allow us to use the connect column so that it’s connected to the company that placed the ad order (which is a separate board in a CRM workspace, same account, all interconnected).

Does anyone have a solution that might work for this type of application?

Hi,

I have built a similar solution using Make.com DM me for more info.

Hi,
I hope I understood the case correctly :slight_smile:
You might have something like this:

• on the original board, some column Bn that show you what boards that item should be on (Status/ Number as 1 or 0) + an automation (Button/ Column change) that creates items in all other boards, connected by the client column, and
  • on all other boards, the rate as default value for the appropriate column + an automation which test if the Bn column is 1 and delete the item otherwise.
    Makes sense?