One of my employee retired. I need to give ALL their *TASKS* to the replacement employee

I understand I can migrate ‘ownership’ of boards and automations. But I have hundreds of TASKS (line items with the PERSON field) assigned to someone who has left. I just want to replace all those person fields (which are scattered over dozens of different boards) to a new person. The new person will have the same email (eg. operations@monday.com) but the field looks at the persons name and not the email… anyone figure this out, without having to manually go into each board and replace? I can’t be the only one with this issue!!! TIA!

1 Like

Hi @jpeirce - If you are an admin, you can change the name of a monday user account. Go to Admin > Users and find that account. Click on the avatar and then at the very top above their name and avatar there is a button to edit. You can set their name to the new employee and viola. Be sure to click Finish/Save to confirm the change.

Your situation is easy since they are keeping the same email address. :slight_smile: Just be aware that old tasks and comments made by the past employee will now show up with the news employee name.

wow. I actually did hit the edit button, but then never hit the name (ouch). Thanks so much, I will implement ASAP!!!

Won’t you lose the history of all the task the former employee completed? Or can you make this change for just the open tasks?

That’s a great solution for this case…but is there a way to reassign tasks in bulk to a different person? For example, if an employee’s role changes and I need to reassign that person’s responsibilities to a new hire.

Thanks!

Great question. Wondering the same.