Organizing a sports team's season of competitions

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here had to organize events (pro sports team competitions) across years (seasons) and could share their setup? As a newcomer to monday.com I am struggling a little to picture a setup that will make sense over time and avoid as much data entry as possible.

The team’s main timeframe is the season (1 calendar year). Their main operational focus is the competitions they decide to enter (100 or so each season, around the world). Each competition requires a ton of activities: roster selection, transport, finance, communication activities, staff, etc.

My challenge is organizing all this in a way that a) avoids as much data entry as possible, b) keeps current races front and center and c) is sustainable over several years.

Was going with:

• A Workspace for each season (year)
    – a folder for each competition
    — a subfolder for each dept involved
    ---- a board for each activity required
  • Possibly a workspace for each dept (for season-independent elements)

With 150+ possible events per year I’d need a way to automate the creation of event folders from a trigger (competition is entered → folder, subfolders and boards are created) and keep current and upcoming event folders up front (or make past events folders less prominent).

Events list can be imported and selected events can become “entered” with a status change but since neither folder and subfolder creation nor sorting can be automated (correct?) I think I am stuck here.

And with Workspaces not duplicatable either I would have to rebuild this every year?

This all feels like a rather basic scenario that many companies participating in events would face. Am I missing something?

Any guidance and tips most welcome.

Thanks,

David

Organizing a sports team’s season of competitions requires several key steps. First, establish clear goals and objectives for the team, which could range from skill development to achieving competitive success. Next, create a comprehensive budget that accounts for all potential expenses, including transportation, equipment, uniforms, tournament fees, and more. This will also involve identifying possible funding sources such as sponsorships or fundraising activities. The scheduling phase is crucial; it involves researching and selecting suitable competitions and tournaments that align with the team’s level and objectives. Ensure that the team is registered for these events in a timely manner. Additionally, it’s important to coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations if competitions are out of town. Regular team meetings and communication are essential to keep everyone informed and engaged. Finally, planning for unexpected situations and having contingency plans in place will help in managing any challenges that arise during the season.