Out of the office calendar that tracks mutli-day AND inter-day

One of the business needs we have for using a product like monday.com is to have a central calandar where we track all team members’ Out of Office.

Out of office can be a multi-day vacation, and it can be a 2-hour dentist appointment.

From what I’ve seen, I can EITHER track timespan columns that would give me vacations, OR I can track two date fields with Time included (which shows up as two different entries on the same day).

Is there no simple calendar item that lets you set in a start day/time and end day/time? Isn’t that how calendars work? Why is everything in monday.com ALMOST what we need, but never EXACTLY what we need?

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to discuss a specific business need that we have for utilizing as our project management tool. One of our requirements is to have a centralized calendar where we can track all team members’ Out of Office (OOO) periods.

These out of office periods can vary in duration, ranging from multi-day vacations to shorter appointments like a 2-hour dentist visit. After exploring the features available in website, I noticed that I can either track vacations using timespan columns, or I can use two date fields with time included, which results in separate entries for the same day.

However, I couldn’t find a straightforward calendar item that allows me to set a start dateand time for a single event. This functionality aligns with the standard behavior of calendars, and I’m curious why it is not available in website. We often find that while website offers almost everything we need, it falls slightly short of our exact requirements.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide some guidance or insights on how we can better manage our team members’ out of office periods in website. Are there any alternative approaches or workarounds that we can implement to address this specific need?

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your response.
For more information you can visit here.https://cincinnatidentalservices.org/

Best regards,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to discuss a specific business need that we have for utilizing monday.com as our project management tool. One of our requirements is to have a centralized calendar where we can track all team members’ Out of Office (OOO) periods.

These out of office periods can vary in duration, ranging from multi-day vacations to shorter appointments like a 2-hour dentist visit. After exploring the features available in website, I noticed that I can either track vacations using timespan columns, or I can use two date fields with time included, which results in separate entries for the same day.

However, I couldn’t find a straightforward calendar item that allows me to set a start date/time and an end date/time for a single event. This functionality aligns with the standard behavior of calendars, and I’m curious why it is not available in . We often find that while monday.com offers almost everything we need, it falls slightly short of our exact requirements.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide some guidance or insights on how we can better manage our team members’ out of office periods in . Are there any alternative approaches or workarounds that we can implement to address this specific need?

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Hey @jhonsmithy,

I hear you on this and am excited to announce that this is something that is on our roadmap and being developed for the near future. You can check on its development status here → Start and end time in date column :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any questions!