Pick Location on Map

We do quite a bit of work in rural Canada where addresses are not in a format which Google will recognize or we do not have an address for a location. To help us specify locations it would be awesome of the location column had a map popup we could use to pin the location.

Here’s what I envision:

1. Click on map indicator to bring up a map. It should be centered on your current location based on device GPS if on mobile or your location based on the browser.
  2. Either click on the map to select the current location or navigate with the map to the correct location before selecting a location.

This would make the location column much more useful for us.

Somewhat related:

I second this request.

In our case, we have a list of future buildings that we plan to build. The issue is that many of those buildings don’t have an address yet because they’re located on raw undevelopped land.

I can go into Google Maps, pinpoint the location, copy the geocoordinates and paste them into my location column in Monday. It works fine, but being able to do the whole process directly into Monday would be a nice quality of life improvement.

1 Like

After further testing, copy/pasting geocoordinates doesn’t work that well either. For some reason the markers are “sticky”. If you pinpoint a specific location near an existing building, it will move your marker onto that building instead of displaying it at the exact geocoordinates that you entered. Very annoying behaviour and no workaround for that.

I have 4 buildings with different geocoordinates but they all appear as one marker and they’re located onto a nearby existing building instead of their actual location because of that sticky behaviour.

1 Like

I have posted the same issue. For now they won’t do anything with it.

But if you use the Location column in the app to navigate or to display it in Google Maps (for instance), it shows the correct location. Just in Monday Maps it shows a wrong location (nearest address).

1 Like

A Field for Longitude and Latitude would be nice.
When a photo is uploaded in updates it would be very helpful if the location information of this photo could be transferred into a location field too.