Problems importing contacts and automatically linking them to previously imported Accounts

Hello community,

we are new to monday.com and I hope someone out there could help us with tips on setting up everything.

I have imported our accounts (companies, clients) to Monday.com and now I want to import all the contacts we have. These should be linked to the accounts (we are migrating the accounts and contacts from an offline CRM to monday.com).

The import works, but I cannot get the contacts automatically linked to the accounts. When importing, the field with the name of the account cannot be linked to the target field of the accounts.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Using a CRM only makes sense if we dont have to invest time to manually link every contact to an existing account (again).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ricardo

1 Like

thanks my issue has been fixed.

1 Like

Hi @rcastanho :wave:

Welcome to the Community!

It’s not currently possible to automatically link items via the import. This isn’t a supported column type for import at present, I’m afraid.

That said, you can set up automations to create links between items based on specific matching values.
You might like to try either of the following automations:

It’s worth noting that these automations are not retroactive, so they will only apply to newly created or updated items.

Could this be an option for you at all?

Best,

Dani

1 Like

Hi @rcastanho

Just wanted to check and see if you still needed any assistance with this?

We’d be happy to help!

Best,

Dani

1 Like

Hi @rcastanho

I hope the answers in this thread are useful!
As we haven’t had any updates here, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved.
This means that the thread will close in 7 days time :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any additional questions or you feel your original query wasn’t resolved, please feel free to let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.