Progress bar - automation

I have multiple statuses linked to a Progress Bar and would like to automate the movement of a pulse to a group based on the progress bar being 100%. I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find a solution other than the closest option of when 2 statuses change to something then move item to group; I have more statuses than 2 unfortunately.

Any guidance appreciated.

Hi @Noelie2000! You are correct, currently progress tracking is not supported in automations - we did release another automation for 3 statuses (an extension of the above more or less):

Additionally, are each status dependent on the one before or could you make a “final status” columm that changes similar to the progress reaching 100%?

Cheers!

Thanks Laura.

A third status would help as I can be selective; battery would be better but I can think laterally.

Have toyed with a final status and maybe a dependency to a status is the way forward.

Thanks for helping me to think differently.

Replying here rather than start a new thread.

We would like to be able to automate moving a pulse based on the progress bar. This would address a gap in the currently available automations, as a pulse can only be moved if the statuses are meant to be completed sequentially. Some of our projects have 5 or more status columns, that can be completed in any order, and we would like to move those pulses when the final status is changed to a finished state.

4 Likes

In addition to the ideas above, even having an automation say “when progress reaches 100% - change status on another board to something” This would be great for my high level board to have the statuses rely on completing based on the progress bars in the sub level boards

7 Likes

Not a perfect solution, but, I think that this should be relatively easy to do using Intergromat. Have a column that is used to be the % Done flag. Have the Integromat scenario driven by a webhook update the status based on the other status columns. Add a webhook integration in monday: when a column changes, send a webhook.

1 Like

@JCorrell could you expand on that a little bit? I’m not familiar with either integromats or webhooks. Are these available in Monday?

Webhooks are a type of API function implemented by many web based products including monday. The basic idea is that when something happens send some information to a specified url. Integromat.com is a 3rd party system, “friendly” with monday that is mostly focused on enabling integration between separate web based solutions. I clicked on the “?” on my monday screen searched for integromat and webhooks and came up with these 2 sites: Integromat and Webhooks

What you are looking for is not super complex. If you are technically inclined (up for doing automations and integrations in monday), you should be able to do it. I have been at this for about a month and a half and had no knowledge of any of this before then. Another alternative would be to pay a consultant to do it. You can find them here in the monday community.

1 Like

Hi @Noelie2000 and others,

This looks very much like an automation I have build. The one I have is based on votes but can be easily expanded to a progress column. The current one is:

Let me know if you are interested in something like:
When Progress reaches xx% mote item to Group

Where you can change Progress, xx and the Group.

If there is interest I will build this one (expect a day or two) and as soon as monday release the possibility to share an automation between accounts I will put it in our marketplace.

6 Likes

I just got the word form monday support that the Progress Tracker is not supported in the API (like the Formula column) and can’t be used as I described earlier. It looks like the Integromat solution won’t work either because Integromat (and Zapier) all uses the same API.

Closest thing I can think of is to create have a single status column and if that is set to e.g. “Pls review” use Integromat or app automation to create an approval task for every individual that is mentioned in a People column (e.g. Reviewers). I build this one in Integromat and it should be possible to convert that functionality into an app. A side advantage is that that every reviewer will have her/his own task with due date that also show up in the My Week.

1 Like

The ability to have an email or alert trigger when progress tracker gets to certain thresholds would be really amazing. ex. 60/75/100%

3 Likes

Unfortunately monday.com does not offer any type of integration / automation involving the progress tracker column. The technical reasoning behing that is that the progress column is what is called client based. It is calculated in your webbrowser and can therfore not be used as a trigger to do something else.

2 Likes

thanks for all of your help with the progress column ideas!

Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

I’m looking as well. I don’t want to have to individually list my 10+ columns. Anyone find a solution that works for them?