Hi, Monday community!
I’m new to Monday but I really would like to move project management and to-do lists here as I see it can help me a lot in automating things.
I would like to know what is possible and what’s not with Monday so I know am I just wasting my time in searching for a way for a specific task which is perhaps impossible with Monday
Here is the system I would like to use.
Currently, I have been using Todoist, ToggleTrack, and good old Google Sheets to manage everything.
I’m working on multiple projects every week. In Monday, boards will be representing every project.
Here is how I want my Boards (projects) to look
Every board has 3 groups
All tasks that need to be done
Tasks for this month
Tasks for this week
Columns for groups
Task, person, priority, status, date (only if there is a specific deadline) timeline (current week), estimated time (The estimation of how much time the task will take)
Now my requests for settings and automation
- When I move a task from this month to this week the timeline should automatically be the dates of the current week.
- Is it possible to have numbers as hours and minutes for estimated time?
- I want that if the task has subtasks, it sums up the estimated time of sub-tasks, and also
- Sums up the time spent on sub-tasks.
- Is it possible to show also the estimated time left which calculates the total estimated time of not completed tasks? (Not that important but good to have an option)
Similarly, like status total where you see the balance between different statuses.
I want to have a board, a chart, a table, or anything else that shows me the progress of all projects.
It should include the following data
- Project (board) name
- Tasks with subtasks
- The status of the tasks
- The timeline of the tasks (week)
– Estimated time of the chosen period (current week, next week, etc.) –
5. The estimated working time of sub-tasks
6. The sum of the estimated working time of sub-tasks under the main task
7. The sum of the estimated working time of all tasks of the project (board)
8. The sum of the estimated working time of all projects
– Spent time (time tracking) –
9. The same categories as for the estimated time
– Time left of the chosen period, (current week, month or the whole project) –
Time left = Total estimated time of not completed (done) tasks.
10. Time left for every project
11. Time left for all projects in total
It would be really nice if I can also manually choose which projects are shown.
Here is the view of the Google Sheet I have used previously
PERSONAL TODO list
I would like to see all my current week and today’s tasks in one place
“My Work” dashboard does not work for that
Groups on my personal tasks list
What I would like to have is whenever in any of the projects the task is being moved to THIS WEEK group and I’m assigned to that task, it will copy the task to my personal Todo list THIS WEEK group.
And whenever I change the info of any column it should also change the column on the original board. So they are fully mirrored.
Columns are the same as on the original board.
Automations on this board I already know how to do
This is the list of required features and options for now
The first question is, what on the list can be done in Monday and what not?
Second, where I can find the info to get any of the things done on the list?
When everything can be done, you will have a long-time loyal customer.
Thank you for your time and help!