QUESTION: What is possible with Monday and what's not?

Hi, Monday community!

I’m new to Monday but I really would like to move project management and to-do lists here as I see it can help me a lot in automating things.

I would like to know what is possible and what’s not with Monday so I know am I just wasting my time in searching for a way for a specific task which is perhaps impossible with Monday :blush:

Here is the system I would like to use.
Currently, I have been using Todoist, ToggleTrack, and good old Google Sheets to manage everything.

I’m working on multiple projects every week. In Monday, boards will be representing every project.

Here is how I want my Boards (projects) to look

Every board has 3 groups

TASKS
All tasks that need to be done

THIS MONTH
Tasks for this month

THIS WEEK
Tasks for this week

Columns for groups
Task, person, priority, status, date (only if there is a specific deadline) timeline (current week), estimated time (The estimation of how much time the task will take)
Time tracking

Now my requests for settings and automation

1. When I move a task from this month to this week the timeline should automatically be the dates of the current week.
  2. Is it possible to have numbers as hours and minutes for estimated time?

1. I want that if the task has subtasks, it sums up the estimated time of sub-tasks, and also
  2. Sums up the time spent on sub-tasks.
  3. Is it possible to show also the estimated time left which calculates the total estimated time of not completed tasks? (Not that important but good to have an option)
    Similarly, like status total where you see the balance between different statuses.

PROGRESS TRACKING

I want to have a board, a chart, a table, or anything else that shows me the progress of all projects.
It should include the following data

1. Project (board) name
  2. Tasks with subtasks
  3. The status of the tasks
  4. The timeline of the tasks (week)

– Estimated time of the chosen period (current week, next week, etc.) –
5. The estimated working time of sub-tasks
6. The sum of the estimated working time of sub-tasks under the main task
7. The sum of the estimated working time of all tasks of the project (board)
8. The sum of the estimated working time of all projects

– Spent time (time tracking) –
9. The same categories as for the estimated time

– Time left of the chosen period, (current week, month or the whole project) –
Time left = Total estimated time of not completed (done) tasks.
10. Time left for every project
11. Time left for all projects in total

It would be really nice if I can also manually choose which projects are shown.

Here is the view of the Google Sheet I have used previously

PERSONAL TODO list

I would like to see all my current week and today’s tasks in one place

“My Work” dashboard does not work for that :slightly_smiling_face:

Groups on my personal tasks list

THIS WEEK

TODAY

WORKING ON

What I would like to have is whenever in any of the projects the task is being moved to THIS WEEK group and I’m assigned to that task, it will copy the task to my personal Todo list THIS WEEK group.
And whenever I change the info of any column it should also change the column on the original board. So they are fully mirrored.

Columns are the same as on the original board.

Automations on this board I already know how to do :blush:

—----------------

This is the list of required features and options for now

The first question is, what on the list can be done in Monday and what not?
Second, where I can find the info to get any of the things done on the list?

When everything can be done, you will have a long-time loyal customer. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for your time and help! :pray: :pray:

Hi @Ammikas :raised_hand:

You’ve got a lot of great questions. I am a project manager as well, so I understand exactly what you’re looking for. I have too many thoughts to write down, so send me an email at tanner@elevateops.io and let’s set up a time to chat. I can show you a lot of what I’ve used to manage my project portfolio :+1:

I look forward to talking with you!

Tanner

1 Like

Hey there @Ammikas,

Sounds like you have a grand vision for your monday account… Cheers to you!

We released a free marketplace app for task management, that also has a built-in project management flow, highly recommend you check it out. CarbonTO-DO Suite Listing →

Or you can add it directly to your account with this: Install CarbonTO-DO →

I think this would be an excellent starting spot, especially for the to-do list tracking, that’s exactly why we built it.

Otherwise, if you’re looking for professional assistance in creating your workflow, our team at CarbonWeb would love to chat with you about how we can bring this workflow to life. We have more than 5 years experience using monday internally and as channel partners we’re definitely equip to help you build a kick*ss workflow! Book exploration time with our team here →

1 Like

Thanks, I will contact you definitely :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! Will look into it. :pray: :blush:

1 Like

Hello @Ammikas !

Glad to see you are really getting to the thick of it and are trying to use your monday account to its full potential!

Should you need any help in creating and setting up your workflow we at thespelas.com would be more than happy to help. We have extensive experience at creating customized solutions and setting up complex workflows , having used monday for over five years and worked with companies all around the world.

We’d love to set up call on Calendly here and discuss how we can best assist you in addressing all your questions, as well as any future needs.

We look forward to meeting you and growing together!

Thank you and Season’s Greetings!
Giannis