"Quick Add" for items

Idea: A button to quickly add an item from anywhere in monday.com.

Issue: When an idea occurs to you that you don’t want to lose track of, you want to get it written down quickly before a distraction comes along. However, in Monday.com, you must first go through the exercise to select a board and a group before you can add an item.

Example: when in the “My Work” view, there is no way to add an item, without opening a board first. Perhaps a dialog could open to gather the item title, then require a board/group selection.

Even better - a user could set their own default board/group as a profile preference, and these options be pre-selected.

It would be nice to be able to do this from anywhere in Monday.com - from a doc, a dashboard, or from any board to be able to quickly capture an item no matter where in the application you are.

Hi @lightsey!

Please watch this short video (< 1min) and see if this will work as a solution for you.

Tonya
Lucid Day

Thank you for the suggestion @TonyaM . I had not considered the to-do list before, or perhaps using dashboards to be able to add to multiple boards in one view. I don’t think this quite fits my suggestion, however, since I’m looking for a place that is universally accessible across Monday.com to quickly add an item from anywhere, perhaps even with a keyboard shortcut. In the example you show, before capturing anything, I would still need to select the dashboard, then click in the correct location on the screen to enter an item. I’m looking for a way to bypass the thought of “where does this belong”, and just get it captured immediately.

I’m coming up with ways to do this quickly through automations on my mac - just a possible idea. Thank you again for the reply.

I agree! Would love to be able to do this similar to how in Todoist if you used the # you could easily get your new item into that project board.

This seems like it would be relatively easy for at least adding an item name to the top group & maybe an associated update / note - similar to the function that occurs when you email an item into a board’s email address.

Would have to figure out another shortcut since the # is used for tagging now, but that’s one thing my team and I URGENTLY need Monday to update. It’s causing a lot of headaches due to our small team and the number of us who work across multiple departments and MANY boards.

This is an urgent need for my team as well. As another user mentioned, in ToDoist there is the option to quick add a task that falls into a “catch all” location like an inbox where it can then be sorted from later. This is particularly important in our fast-paced environment where a task comes out of the blue, but I don’t have time to manage which board it belongs on.

When I first met with a Monday rep, I was told that quick add was an option but I’m discovering it really is not. Also, having to scroll to the bottom of a long group is cumbersome when I really just need to get my thought out.

A task list isn’t what I am looking for unless I can set due dates and have it appear in the “My Work” section.

1 Like