Release Tracking

Hi,

I’m relatively new to Monday but I was wondering, how do you use/how have others used Monday for release management? I’d like to be able to give my stakeholders release notes of some kind to help them better understand what features we’re releasing each sprint. Does Monday have any built-in capability for this, or would this sort of thing be more of a manual process I’d have to do?

Thanks in advance!
-James

Hi @jcass,

We have a few different ways we accomplish this, examples below:

1. If you have a a sprint board with status columns indicating completion, you could create a board view for those stakeholders which only shows the “released” status as well as a date column indicating which day it was released. Within each item’s updates section, you could put the release notes / critical information as it relates to that item. On the board itself, we also have another status column indicating which quarter it is planned to be released, which you can also use to filter your board.

2. We also have a board specifically for weekly feature releases, where each item is the date of a week, and within the updates section of that item lives an overview of all the important feature releases for that week. The updates section can include screenshots, videos, etc.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.