Reorder Workspaces

It would be super helpful to be able to re-order the workspaces similarly to how we can reorder boards and folders.

Right now, we’ve having to add random numbers (or letters, like a z) as a prefix to our work-spaces to get them in the right order. It’s just messy for the team to look at.

Seems like a pretty simple feature that would be incredibly helpful to have added.

Hi @zach1,

Aviram here the Product Manager of the team responsible for Workspaces at monday.com. This is definitely coming in addition to a major improvement in Workspace navigation. Stay tuned exciting stuff will be rolled out in the next few weeks!

Appreciate the feedback

Aviram

9 Likes

@avirampm Has this been deployed? I would love to be able to reorder workspaces. What are the other parts of the “major improvement in Workspace navigation”? I would love to be able to see the workspace name on the left without having to hover. Thanks for any updates you have!

-B

3 Likes

Hi @SyncariB,

First of all, in the next day or so we will deploy the ability to remove and add the workspace icons, that potentially help with ‘tiding up’ the left pane. Full customisable reorder is on the plan also but it will take more time as it requires refactoring of the code.

Have a nice weekend!

Hi,
I’d like to throw my support behind the request to be able to reorder workspaces!

A couple of things I’d love to add to that idea, it would be awesome to be able to group workspaces together, kind of like folders for workspaces.

It would also be great to have a bit more control over the icon the appears in the left hand pane. A square with a single letter can make it hard to know which workspace is which on the fly if they start with the same letter.

Just my 2c worth. If it’s better to create a separate topic please let me know and I’ll do so.

Regards,
Matt

1 Like

Hello
Any further updates to this? I agree this is a needed feature.
Thanks so much

2 Likes

You can upload your own icon for a workspace. It’s tucked at the bottom, so easy to miss: workspace icons

1 Like

@PolishedGeek thanks heaps for the tip, very useful!

1 Like

Is this still coming?

Hey everybody on this thread - there’s a new Workspace navigation out today! Here’s a video clip of how it looks before and after, and how to get it - New Workspace dropdown navi...

I’d like to +1 this request. With no way to order my workspaces, I have to add characters the the beginning of the names so they’re in an order that makes sense.

1 Like

Need this feature. As a Project Manager, I want to sort my Workspaces, so that I can prioritize my workflow.

I voted for this and see it’s been going quite a while. Surprised so few votes. As a new user I’m already worrying about this and foreseeing trying to add prefixes to get things into an appropriate order as a workaround for the alphabetical hierarchy. Other folder systems have this limitation as well - it would be nice to break out of that and have the freedom available in other elements of Monday.com

yep, would be a really nice addition.

Please do this, it would be so nice :pray:

How come this is not implemented? I saw various posts and people asking for this - workspaces are just a mess right now

1 Like

I agree. Monday recently removed the monday.labs ‘power up’ to turn the sidebar back on. While the sidebar had its own issues, and I wasn’t a huge fan, it was still easier than the current solution.

The new workspaces menu causes extra clicks and doesn’t allow for motor memory to kick in as to where items exist on your board. Several of my team members have mentioned not being able to find their workspaces, and I had to show them the new location. It’s just frustrating as a manger to have to get these questions when the previous system was working just fine.

I would love to see a new solution implemented or, at the very least, the sidebar ‘power up’ re-added.

And then of course…allow us to re-order them.

To be able to order your workspaces is a very needed feature. I don’t understand why it hasn’t been implemented yet. Seems very simple …

2 Likes

Why hasn’t this been implemented after two years? This must be a super simple fix for developers, and with Monday’s insane customization possibilities, this should be a quick implementation for their dev team. PLEASE MONDAY fix this.

1 Like

Because the developers constantly give the same copy and paste response to any request for new features or updated features.

There are so many simple solutions that they could implement to make monday more user friendly and they simply don’t do any of it.

3 Likes