Resource management tool

Hi team,
there is a great tool called Float which allows granularity when it comes to resource management. We love Monday.com, but when it comes to serious resource management, we have to have a different tool. Our management feels the float gives more capability/visibility. Is there anything on a pipeline to provide this level of resource management? Or, maybe, someone can develop an app?
Screen for your information:

I completely agree, as the Workload widget and the constraints of the number of boards that can be linked are too limiting. Resource capacity planning is key when you have a large team and you are looking at different scenarios for the project teams workload.

Alternatively, enhance what Monday.com has with the Workload Widget:

• enable a volume of boards by workspaces
  • enable a push button to pull all the resource changes
  • change the full screen mode back to default full screen not split mode
  • option to include or exclude sub-items in capacity planning
3 Likes

@rosalind I agree on the limitation of number of boards for resource allocation. I’m trying to figure a way around it using some main board for all resources and linking to the individual project boards, With the intent of having 1 board manage the resource allocations and feeding the workload widget, while the other boards track the other relevant information, but I’ve not figured a good way of doing that just yet.

1 Like

Hi, @timlittletech - Did you check out Team View yet? My clients are loving it so far: Team View - Best way to manage workload and resources in monday

@PolishedGeek you know what, I had lost that link/resource. thank you for reminding me. I have installed that and it is working well for the resource management side of things on some of my test boards.

Although my client mentioned they also needed timeline view in addition to the resource management side of things. and unfortunately team view doesn’t proved that.

1 Like

Hey @timlittletech - there are a few creative ways to make this work. What we have done in the past is utilize subitems (I know, I know) attached to a project master board to set estimates per resource on a project (this gives you a nice pipeline view) then utilizer the actuals from the project boards that are summarized up to a master board. It isnt perfect but it gives you both the the estimates and the actuals in a single view.

Thanks @mark.anley I think I see what you mean.

Do you just use hours/estimates or have you done timeline views with tasks this way also? Just curious, since I think the teams view app gets what is needed from a resourcing point of view, but doesn’t show timelines.

Hey @timlittletech
We have built a few solutions based off estimated hours by project and also in depth calculations based off timelines + utilization % to enable the workload and timeline views in some pretty cool ways.

We also utilize similar techniques to show overall employee health in Gantt charts over timelines which is very cool.

Enable these ideas with the team view app you have some very powerful items to utilize.

Mark

1 Like

Hi! the solution is not working on my board. Can someone help an error always pop up like there are no person or status columns but this is wrong.

I would also be interested in knowing if a link up/integration with Float is on the cards! I need a capacity planning tool that works alongside our google calendars to manage team members availability (around meetings, annual leave and lunch breaks etc) as well as work on active projects. At the moment, Float is limiting me as I need to manually log the project info we already house and run through Monday.com. Linking the two, so we have the visuals of Float but the ease of PM’ing a project on Monday would be a dream! I cannot see anything else on the market that would solve this problem!

Hi Caroline,

You can intergate float and monday.com, using make.com see the make.com docs for both below.

https://www.make.com/en/help/app/float
https://www.make.com/en/help/app/monday

If you need further assistance with this feel free to DM me

Hope this helps

Hello,

This is the kind of settings that we would like to have inside of Monday.com to improve with resource management and project planning.
I’m hoping this is something you could add to your roadmap!

Individuals can request for time off which then requires approvals:
Time off approvals | Float Help Center

Managers can look at time off reports to track individual day off balance:
Schedule and manage time off | Float Help Center

The admin Time Off settings look like this and has a few interesting parameters:

Public holiday tracking per country, per individual!

When you click “select” you can pick which country and province to set the holidays from. You then change tab(people) and select to whom these should apply to.

You can even set your own company calendar holidays. For example, we can have NV Free Days showing up in the calendar and affecting everyone:

So then it shows off like this in the Scheduler/Calendar:

1 Like