Restrict Dashboard view Independent of Board Access

In our organization we have sales reps that need to be able to see a dashboard with information that they need access to like project status etc of their clients. It would be great if we could create a custom dashboard that is filtered with just clients or items that they are assigned to, but only show them that dashboard when they login. Right now we have to give them access to see all the information on the board’s for any data we want to pull into a dashboard for them, which just creates confusion for the sales person plus forces us to allow each sales rep to see data for all other sales reps, unless we create a board for each sales rep along with their custom dashboard which is not what we want for our internal support team to have to know what board each client / project is on.

Hi,

Any news on that?
That’s what I’m trying to achieve as well.

Cheers,

Bringing this to the top - we need to be able to set up dashboards to show any widgets we want, shared with anybody we want to share it with, independent of board access…

That is surely the point of a dashboard - to share selected information without needing to show the entire contents of the board.

We’re having to work around this by restricting column views for boards. For example, let’s say we have 3 columns:

1. Revenue
  2. Costs
  3. Net Margin

If we want to share Revenue via a dashboard, we have to share the entire board and then restrict column view for ‘Costs’ and ‘Margin’.

That’s a simple example - now extrapolate that across 15-20 columns and you have a very fiddly mess.

Looking forward to a response, or if anyone knows a tidier workaround, that would also be helpful.

Best
Alex

Did you ever find a solution?

Not to my knowledge, sadly.

I concur! It would be ideal to be able to override/set the VIEW permissions at the linked/connected column without modifying access to the entire underlying board(s)! It also makes sense for the underlying/mirrored board to accurately reflect the permissions at the linked/connected column level for transparency.