Roll-up hours from a low level task board to a high level project board

Hi All,

I may be missing something or perhaps it’s not possible but right now we have our items at a high level as a project board and then a secondary board with in-depth tasks. For the project board it is broken out by month and the in-depth tasks are segmented by task such as social, seo. We have the planned hours listed on the project board and then hours used by each task in the in-depth task board. Is there a way to roll-up select lines in the in-depth task to a box in the project board. So for example, on the in-depth tasks for SEO there may be 10 lines and 5 of those apply to April- I’d like to take the sum of those hours as I enter them and have it auto populate into the one line on the project board that is allocated to the April SEO hours.

Hi @rach
Welcome to the community, hope you enjoy it.
For what I can see from your use case it looks like a perfect fit fot the Rollup Multiple Boards app. More info here monday.com: Apps Marketplace and here https://excellent-team.nl/solutions/rollup-multiple-boards/. There is also an extensions, called Filter Multiple Boards which allows you to filter only specific items from the down-level boards to be rolled up to the higher level.

Thanks @basdebruin! Are you aware of any workaround that would not require a premium option?

Hi @rach I am not aware of any workaround for this out-of-the-box. You can try to solve it with connect_boards and mirror columns but hat has some drawbacks.

Hi @rach!

Did you still need help with this? I created a short video here showing you how to achieve this set-up and would love to hear from you on whether or not this would be helpful.

Let me know :slight_smile:

-Aron