See & Update All Tasks From One Place

Wow- that would be great! Been waiting for this so long and know our team would use Monday more with this possibility!

1 Like

Yes, that is great news

1 Like

YESSSSS, please make it happen! We’ve been waiting a LONG time.

I’m happy to be a beta tester!

3 Likes

I’ve just joined this community to search for a solution to this problem. I recently joined an agency that has 40 workspaces with several boards each, and I could be assigned a task in any of them. I need a single place where I can see everything that has been assigned to me, otherwise this is completely unmanageable. It’s really driving me crazy.

3 Likes

It’s coming soon @Fatbat ! If you’d like to be among the first to hear about it, PM me and we can get connected.

1 Like

I sadly spent a fair amount of time this week setting up for a department wide trial to find there is no way for my employees to view all tasks assigned to them. This is a core requirement for us when selecting task management software.

@PolishedGeek - Is it possible to get some kind of beta access to this view?
I have been really impressed with Monday (apart from this) and would really like to find a way to make Monday work in our organization.

2 Likes

this is great news, would love an ongoing update on this, we are desperate for this!

Can’t believe this implementation seems to be so hard. Just bought PRO, almost regretting this if I see the need for this feature by the community, and the lack of implementation by Monday. Hoping to see some progress soon here.

1 Like

Hi @GlennKesteleyn - monday is currently revitalizing the previous My Week into My Work. You can turn it on under the monday labs area (click on your Profile and then on monday labs). When you turn My Work on, you are only turning it on for your user account, not all of your colleagues.

My Work is still in active development, so you’ll be seeing new options pop up over the next few months for additional filtering, custom groups, etc.

1 Like

The My Work beta doesn’t satisfy the use case of having one aggregate board for all tasks assigned to me, for which I can reprioritize/visualize. I need to see all my tasks on one board so that I can prioritize my tasks across multiple boards. I want to be able to filter/change view of my aggregated tasks so that I can use Kanban to visually prioritize my work. I want to see the changes I make on my Kanban reflected on the original board, but that the rearranging/views I do on My Work doesn’t affect the layout of the original board.

4 Likes

@TRB-monday.com This is the best news Monday.com could have, its the main downfall of Monday.com compared to its competitors like Asana etc that do this so easily! Next we just need a Project column that can mirror an entire task between Boards in one click rather than the mirror column function which is so clunky and time consuming!

https://community.monday.com/t/mirror-a-task-on-multiple-boards-with-a-project-column/6049

@laurak @chrisz @jaykjapra @angez @Shanerh @RobertS @Ally @DTCSC @peterledger

1 Like

Any update on this topic since December 2019???
I contacted the monday support on this need and they send me here,
I really need this, cant believe a basic overview of all workspaces / boards is not available especially when I see the price of my pro plan.

1 Like

@CBice Have you seen the beta feature My Work which Monday.com is currently testing?

Link to Help article for mobile version:

I have this available in Monday Labs.

Oddly, it defaults to sorting by Date Assigned which currently cannot be changed making it unusable for me. But I’m hoping it will improve soon.

2 Likes

Thanks John, yes I did
but you cant filter by workspace or users, and there is so much spacing between each line I dont understand why they display it like that.
It is a half baked solution I hope they will improve soon, we are this close, on the verge of greatness

3 Likes

Sums up my thoughts too. I really hope they make it usable in the real world before releasing it.

3 Likes

@CBice @JohnW Agreed this My Work Beta function has 3 major issues that I believe I have outlined and provided easy solutions below and in the screen shot. @TRB-monday.com Please get Monday.com to update this fail of a function before releasing!

1. Everything is siloed broken into pointless assigned groups when due date is most important. Solution: Remove these assigned groups so there is one clean list of tasks and make this a filter if people want it.

2. The Board header between every task silos everything from being in one clean list. Solution: move this Board header to be a column to the right like Asana does and this will make every task in one clean list.

3. Due to issues 1 and 2 siloing all the tasks rather than them being in one clean list you cannot click the top of say the due date column and sort by which tasks are due first. Solution: Fixing issues 1 and 2 above will put all tasks into one clean list and then like a normal board you should be able to sort by clicking the top of the column.

See these issues and solutions in attached screenshot.

7 Likes

Hey @CBice thank you for the feedback particularly around the UI and thank you so much @scooper for the very helpful diagram! I have passed on your feedback to the developers responsible and know that they will take your feedback into consideration. Please let me know if you have any other ideas or if anything else comes up! We really appreciate you taking the time to give all this feedback and hope we can use it to make My Work the best it can be :blush:

2 Likes

Hey @TRB-monday.com ,

In my opinion, in order to make MyWork be better is simply to have it look like the table widget but with the ability to view all boards assigned to me. Or better yet have a location with all tasks across all boards and give us filtering options so we can not just filter ourselves but maybe our team as well for those that are managing a team. Adding a calendar view with all tasks to the side would be good as we could then assign our outstanding tasks to a date that we want as a Due Date or planned date, all in one place. Scoro does this very well with their Planner feature.

Also it would be great to give us the ability to have different views (specifically commumihub) on the item updates section. When I click on “Add View” nothing happens.

Also, is there a time schedule for upcoming improvements?

Cheers

Hi @jonathandbem - I see we are scheduled to meet later this week. :smiley:
I will make a note to show you some alternative ways to see task information that are available right now, while the My Work feature evolves. Looking forward!

~ Deb Cinkus

1 Like

I’m also looking for a better alternative to My Week, My Work, Search Everything, and building custom dashboards for each team member. I’ve resorted to the latter, but am still have issues. Using the filter feature on these dashboards is really time-intensive and it is not a “set-it-and-forget-it” tool.

Our design department receives items (tasks) from every other department on many different boards. They need to have a place to see ALL their assigned tasks in order of DATE (date, deadline, task timeline, etc). Each task on this list should provide a one-click path to the original item within it’s board for more info.

Not having this feature is creating anxiety for my team and is unsustainable long-term.