See & Update All Tasks From One Place

We are leaving for Asana. I don’t know why that platform can figure this out and not Monday, especially after clients have been requesting it for years.

Such a shame.

3 Likes

Just another note. It seems assigned sub items are not represented in my work beta.

Still very frustrated with the implementation of task management. Monday.com does some things so well that this issue around the inability to introduce an intuitive solution for team member task management is jarring. I 100% understand things are in development and being tweaked, but I feel like some of the core assumptions around user requirements is off.

Please listen to all of suggestions made by @scooper!! It’s all I wanted to say but had no time to put into a diagram. And to reinforce:

1. There’s too much white space!!
  2. Remove all those board names!! Put them into a column.
  3. Allow us to sort and visualize by due date.
1 Like

Hi @Hollyc.lambert @DTCSC @cquad - yes this is a bit of a blind spot on Monday. What we have do w in the past for clients is build a master/child board approach. This allows for all data from the numerous child (project) boards to be available within a single master board.

This can be achieved through using connected boards and mirroring columns. In order to hook back to the project board, you could add a link column that uses the URL of the project board.

There are some drawbacks to this approach, however you then have a single task repository to report off of.

This is useful for dashboard reporting (not hitting your board maximum based on license tier), overview boards, but also for the my work feature as you only need to use the single board for filtering.

It’s not the perfect solution but it seems to tick the most boxes :slightly_smiling_face:.

If you’d like more information feel free to DM me here, or shoot me a message at info@greenllamas.com.
Also, check us out online to learn more about what we do.

Thanks
Mark

@mark.anley Thank you for your suggestion–unfortunately this approach doesn’t seem to work re: subitems which is where we assign tasks to team members. But I do appreciate you taking the time to explain.

That said, tried so many different workarounds. We do not need a workaround, we need a functional task management system in place.

Hi @DTCSC - Have you heard yet about the new Team View app? It supports subitems! Team View - Best way to manage workload and resources in monday - #7 by thusitha

Hi @PolishedGeek Thank you for sending along! I will take a look. However, we are hoping to have some native functionality for this basic need across the team rather than an add on. Also, while it is free right now, we are not keen on having an additional monthly fee per user for something that should be built in and useable from the start.

5 Likes

Just wanted to provide my 2c worth. We are relatively new to Monday.com (18 months) and as we have embraced the tool, we have also come up against this limitation of not being able to view all assigned tasks and that this is causing real frustration as we picked Monday over other vendors that have this feature.

I was loosely following an earlier board that was automatically closed in March? Based on that thread, I have now implemented the My Work feature and when I went to provide feedback, using the give feedback link, I get an “oops” message.
Can I ask that this link be fixed to allow me to provide feedback as I find any issues.

My initial feedback aligns with that of @scooper (great work on documenting the issues)
My only other feedback is that these changes, updates, etc are hidden. If I don’t go looking for them in the community, I don’t know what is there or coming. I would really like to see the “Learn & Get Inspired” section of Monday.com to have another section that contains information on the Beta items and also active items up and coming - it does not need to be anything more than a link to the community forum or dev page, etc.

3 Likes

@TRB-monday.com Just flagging the feedback button is still not functioning as pointed out by @MikeH

Wondering if there is any roadmap for addressing some of these issues that have been flagged by users?

hi @TRB-monday.com Talia! :slight_smile: My team and i would love to use “My Work” feature. Of what i can see in the pictures, it looks really cool and more useful than My Week. How can i request it for our account?

Hi @V.B.Music Here is a link: My Work – Support (monday.com)

However, I am not seeing “My Work” as being currently available on Monday.Labs right now?

1 Like

Same here, we don’t see My Work on Monday Labs

@TRB-monday.com Any update on this issue?

Agreed, this is critical functionality. Please add this! I also do not have My Work in Monday Labs.

Yea, having worked with ClickUp this is the one area Monday falls down. It’s not fully functional as a to-do list manager. You have to create (expensive) automations to ‘done’ items so they come off your list. You then have to use (expensive) automations to create recurring tasks and they don’t have the very flexible calendaring type logic.

1 Like

@Julia-monday.com @TRB-monday.com

Wondering if there is an update on this item? The last we heard was April 29th, 2021. I also see that the My Work is still removed from Monday Labs. I’m hopeful that it means the issues are getting addressed for an improved and usable task management process? Some great suggestions have come out of this thread regarding user requirements.

@mchinsky Would agree that the ‘done’ automation is not a good solution for task management. With another org I used Todoist, which was an excellent task manager and collaboration tool but didn’t have the same project management capabilities of Monday or Asana. The UI was magnificent and I miss its simplicity. Tired of constantly trying to find workarounds for this issue.

1 Like

Hey @DTCSC, apologies for the delay here! What you said is exactly what’s happened—we’ve temporarily removed My Work in order to address the issues that you all in this thread brought up and that other people brought up (via support emails and other interactions with clients). We will be re-releasing My Work soon.

1 Like

Hey @DTCSC, @jesrau, @V.B.Music, @MikeH, and all, we have just re-opened My Work to monday.labs! ( What is monday.labs? )

You can activate it there, check it out, and offer any feedback you have via the the upper righthand feedback icon. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up @TRB-monday.com! Looking forward to checking it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Started using the “My Week v2” that was just reopened.

Firstly, this is a MASSIVE improvement and it looks like the feedback @scooper provided was mostly integrated.

This view is a LOT cleaner, so THANK YOU Monday for continuing work on this.

That being said, I’m noticing a few items that I think would be helpful to many users workflow.

1. Please re-introduce a filter option. Some of our users are assigned as a person to a pulse/task, but they aren’t actually assigned to work on that task depending on what the status is. If we can filter those status’ out, this would be massively helpful to actually see what my team members are assigned to.

2. Different Status Columns. Would be great if we can add additional status’ or other columns to this board as well, to alleviate having to click into the task to see additional details (like a second status column or numbers column).

I realize it’s done the way it currently is to keep it clean, but most Monday users are already used to horizontal scrolling, so I don’t think anyone would mind some extra columns.

1. Again, thank you for working on this. Once this is fully integrated (and not a beta feature), this is what’s going to keep us on Monday for a very long time. I already have ideas on how to re-jig our Monday framework (Right now, we basically have one BIG task board). Once this is fully available, we can finally separate into multiple boards and not fear that someone is going to miss a pulse/task assigned to them.
1 Like