"Sent from this item" filter no longer filtering

Hello! As of a few days ago, myself and a few of our users noticed that filtering the emails and activities app with “Sent from this item” is no longer functioning as expected, and is instead displaying any email tracked sent to or from the contact/email associated with the item, treating it as if there were no filters.

Expected behavior is that it should filter out emails to display “sent from this item” and associate any emails with that contact only if it relates to the current item.

2 Likes

Having the exact same issue here. Already contacted support about it, though they are saying it is intended behavior, which I do not think is the case.

Now I am new to Monday.com and we are just setting up our environment, if you have been there longer and have had this feature working before, maybe you‘ll have an easier time convincing them that this is a bug.

I have also documented the error and I believe this bug is rooted in the fact that an E-Mail thread when sent from this item, is associated only to the connected contact, and not to the item itself. Expected behavior would be that it connects to the item itself AND the contact.

1 Like

We’ve had the same issue for a long time (well over a year) and also get the “that’s the way it’s supposed to work”. If we have multiple items with the same associated email address, it’s a nightmare to go through the emails, because the filtering does not work as expected.

I just turned on a filter to filter out ALL emails yesterday for one of my users because the amount of emails it was trying to pull in was crashing the page. “Sent from this item” filter is an amazing filter and it works wonders - before it stopped working.

1 Like

This bug only occurs in the newest (BETA) Version of Emails and Activities.

You can ask your Account Executive to roll back to the old Emails and Activities version, which should fix the filter.
(It will still show the wrong connection, but at least fix the given filter)