Separating Columns on Same Group

I just found out here that you can’t customize columns per group (which is a real bummer, if you ask me, independently of what the defenders of Monday have said). Since columns have to remain the same, can I at least hide columns in one group but make them visible on another? For example, our board establishes a refund process. Customers fill out a form requesting a refund. The request goes to group called “New Requests”. Rep #1 is the only one that should be touching any columns in this group. He reviews the request, indicates his approval or rejection recommendation there and changes the status of the request to “reviewed”, which then moves the request to a new group called “Reviewed”. Rep #2 then looks at the request in the “Reviewed” group and is the only one authorized to hit the “approved” or “rejected” button (we don’t use a status change for that). We have a column for the approved button and a separate column for the rejected button. Well, it seems like the “approved” and “rejected” button columns would also show up on the “New Requests” group. Can I hide these columns there without affecting them in the “Reviewed” group?

Hi @mmiller ,

It is still not possible to hide column in any specific group.

Once you hide the column , it will be hidden for all the groups.

But if you want someone specific to hit the button, you can achieve this by using column level permission.

Regards

I hope Monday will consider at least allowing columns to be color-coded. Thanks.

You can also create a separate board view for each role, hiding the irrelevant columns in each view. Then your reps can either just navigate to the correct tab themselves, or you can provide a link to the correct tab which they can save as a browser shortcut.

1 Like

Hi @mmiller !

Another option is that you could create views and hide those columns for each role.

You can do this by clicking the “+” at the top of your board view, adding a table and then editing to your desire those views for each role!

You can even rename that view to the role.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Agree with the two prior comments to create multiple role-based board views. I would also recommend applying column permissions to ensure only certain people can edit certain columns or even see the column if there is additional sensitive information.